PDA

View Full Version : z400 running rough after sitting...

abuckley1290
08-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Ok so the quad sat for a real long time then i cleaned everything out and finnaly it started but ran kinda rough. I thought i cleared it out but it would randomly start bogging then going when i was riding. I let it sit for a little while longer and started it up today. I noticed theres a little hole on the left side thats leaking out some black stuff and smoke and it smells bad, kinda like garbage. How can i get this running right? it ran like a top before it sat for a while

jonboy
08-07-2007, 09:56 PM
That little hole is a weep hole for the Spark plug in case water should get it there through the boot. According to the description you gave you have some blow by on your spark plug. Remove the plug and replace it and make sure it is tight. Tell us how it works out.

abuckley1290
08-08-2007, 10:04 AM
I already replaced it with a new one so thats not the problem... it seems like it will run fine then randomly bog down terribly but i can put it in nuetral and keep it running, but it has that deep bogging sound and will backfire. then after a while it seems to clear up then run fine. Could it be electrical or mayb a dirty fuel filter (idk if it has one at all)??

rocketman528
08-08-2007, 03:46 PM
DRAIN THE BOWL AND REPLACE THE FUEL,IF IT HAS SET FOR A LONG TIME THE GAS MAY BE BAD. CLEAN YOUR CARB ALSO.

abuckley1290
08-09-2007, 08:58 PM
already cleaned carb out completely and new fuel

LRD450R
08-13-2007, 05:31 PM
let it set and run all the gas out were it wont run no more and replace the gas a buddy of mine wint and bout a 03 race quad and dude he bout it off of it rane relly good before he let it set and he hade race fule in it he relplaced it withe 93 ot and now it runs grate

400eXr1d3rZ
08-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Is the choke stuck on the ON position? Are you getting fuel? Are you getting a nice heathly spark, did you clean your air filter, change your oil, got compression?

LTZ400ryder
09-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I have this same problem happening with mine. I replaced the air filter and it just started doing it. It seems like it does it more when I crack the throttle.