PDA

View Full Version : Wiring the Quad to run without the key

Sjorge450R
08-07-2007, 12:31 PM
I need to know what i need to do to do this. I currently have my pro design wired into my system going into that black and white wire on the left side of the frame (right if you are looking under the hood) and that works. But i need to re wire it so i can make the fan still run continusly. Basically what im asking is:

How do a wire the kill switch and fan to work while eliminating the key.:confused:

450R_lover
08-07-2007, 03:49 PM
You can just go under the hood and unplug the ignition. thats how mine is. I just use my tether as a key. to wire the fan to run all the time, you just splice into the green wire that is coming from the fan, and ground it out to the frame.
later

Sjorge450R
08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 450R_lover
You can just go under the hood and unplug the ignition. thats how mine is. I just use my tether as a key. to wire the fan to run all the time, you just splice into the green wire that is coming from the fan, and ground it out to the frame.
later '

that wont work. I already have my fan running full time but if i un plug the key, it shuts off.

I figured out how to do it.

If anyone wants to know this is how:

Follow the key down to the plug. Cut the 4 wires off. Splice together the red and black one. Then Tap the one kill switch wire into the black with white tracer. And then hook the ground off the kill to the green wire. Thats it.