View Full Version : man am i kicking myself in the ***

Ruby Soho
08-07-2007, 10:59 AM
so today i decide im going to ride, check my oil before see if its good. yep its okay put the dipstick back in and start riding.

10 minutes later come back in because i didnt feel like riding anymore and shut it off. take my helmet off and look down and the nerf bar was a little wet and im thinking "whats that i didnt ride through any water or mud...." and i look down and see that my dipstick came out............ and i lost some oil... im so lucky it didnt blow:scary: :scary: :scary: :scary:

now i need to buy some oil, drain whats in there and see if its still alive:chinese:

troyleepred719
08-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Dont worry man, Im one up on your, I trailered the Predator 75 miles home in June, with the Gas Cap off in a Rain Storm, 248 was the damage to everything, including valves, be thankful she didnt grenade :)

honda300EXtreme
08-07-2007, 11:03 AM
that sucks man.. . it will be fine (as long as you didnt loose all the oil in the tank)

chris46250r
08-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
Dont worry man, Im one up on your, I trailered the Predator 75 miles home in June, with the Gas Cap off in a Rain Storm, 248 was the damage to everything, including valves, be thankful she didnt grenade :)

How did this cause anymore damage than draining out the gas and carb?

allstock
08-07-2007, 11:09 AM
thats ok.. on my test run breaking in my brand new motor i forgot to put my radiator cap back on:mad:

cr977
08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
i got one up on both of you, i rode my rm125 for 40 miles one day, put it up in the garage, went to warm it up to ride the next weekend, it was in first gear pull in the clutch kick it, the bike shot forward like i didnt have the clutch in, i put it in nuetral started it rode it for a few minutes, brought it in the garage pulled in the clutch hit the brakes and it shot into a cabnet, i wasnt quite sure what the deal was, but i put it on the stand checked the clutch, it seemed a little loose, so i adjusted the clutch, could not get it to work, i was confused but i wanted to ride so i checked the gas, fine, checked the plug, fine, checked the filter, clean, checked the oil, no oil, added some oil, nothing, added more, nothing, added a whole quart, nothing, i took the motorcycle off the stand and realized there was a quart of oil on the ground checked the oil bolt, crapped my pants, there was no oil bolt :eek: . long story short, destroyed my bottom end, good thing it was a 2 stroke or i would have killed my whole motor. bad day, bad day

250ex13
08-07-2007, 11:17 AM
need a hug joe?:bandit:

Ruby Soho
08-07-2007, 11:30 AM
there still like 90% of the oil in the tank not much was gone at all.

and dylan, no thanks man haha

250ex13
08-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
there still like 90% of the oil in the tank not much was gone at all.

and dylan, no thanks man haha don't be scurred to show your love for me online.:p