PDA

View Full Version : chinese BRAKE CALPER LEAKING?

BYTOR
08-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Hello I just bought a chinise 110 cc quad for my daughter it runs good all worked good was doing some training with her in a parking lot and she was doing great .....was using the back hyd. brake worked great all of a suden the caliper just started to leak fluid and then had no brakes at all it's under warrenty I just want to know do you think it's the caliper and should I disconect the caliper and send just thaT BACK TO THEM Thank you very much HELP!

400exrider707
08-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Hard to tell without seeing it. Could be the fitting on the line, or the caliper itself. Good luck with it, and I hope you have better luck getting parts than others have had... its the start of many problems.:(

honda300EXtreme
08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
sounds like it blew a seal somewhere in the caliper....

D-MAN92
08-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Damn Chineese Calipers!!:mad: lol just kidding but yeah it sounds like you blew a seal.

BYTOR
08-08-2007, 01:30 PM
OK under further examiation the f en bolt that holds the 2 halfs of the caliper together backed out and was gone Im thinking ...I got a replacement bolt same size screwed it tight and put it all back together put some brake fluid in a bleed the brakes and all should be good let me know your feeling ON THIS please also should I use just auto brake fluid or DOT 4 or is it all the same by the way Im leaving to the Watkins Glen Nascar race Tomorrow DRINK DRINK GIRLS GIRLS and rock THAT PLACE R & R ant....