PDA

View Full Version : Rockgardn Protective Gear

bulldogfallon
08-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Anyone using this stuff? We are thinking of carrying the line or at least trying it for our team....

Anybody have any experience with this product line?

Andyman17dad
08-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Andy uses to flak jacket and just got the helmet. The stuff is great!

Helmets are super light weight and I like how the jacket has everything built right into it. (shoulder,elbow,spine,chest protector and kidney belt all in one)

My ONLY complaint on the jacket was that I would like to have a tether ring on it, but this weekend I just heard that the new ones have it!!

dirttrack86
08-07-2007, 06:53 AM
We use the jacket. I personally think the flak jacket should be mandentory at all events on ages 15 and under. That's how good they are. A chest protecter moves after the first impact and does nothing for the lower spine ( the most critical area). The flak jacket protects everywhere and stays in place as they are bouncing across the ground. :)

rookiewrench
08-07-2007, 08:28 AM
How well does the Leatt neck brace work with the jacket. Are there any modifications that need to be done to the jacket for it to fit properly ??

Nick's #1 Fan
08-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Nick loves his.....It took him a little while to get comfortable with it but now it's no big deal. We need to get a bigger one, I'm glad to hear that it now comes with a tether ring.

I was looking at their helmets and I was curious how good they were.....

I am also curious about the leatt brace. I was told that they will fit with no modifications to the body armour but I would have to see it first.....:D

Andyman17dad
08-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by rookiewrench
How well does the Leatt neck brace work with the jacket. Are there any modifications that need to be done to the jacket for it to fit properly ??

Well, I also heard this weekend that the new ones are supposted to be designed to work even better with the Leatt brace. (maybe some clips or something, I'm not sure?) It is good to see the companies working togther on it though.

I also like how the jackets are worn under the jersey so you can have some cool lettering done on your jerseys, not to mention that the kids like the "football player" look that it gives them!

dblacks
08-07-2007, 10:44 AM
2 thumbs up!!

most will tell you that getting them to wear it the 1st time was a little battle but once they wear and ride in it they love them

Full Throttle00
08-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Body armor is great, it fits like a glove.
I agree that all youth should be wearing more than a piece of plastic. Recently, a 9 year old took a narly crash, chest protector cracked cut cheek & 16 stiches later, now has a tough guy scar. Talked to RG, the neck area opening is large enough to allow Leatt brace to fit which is our next performance part bolt on.

wvspeedfreak
08-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Could someone post a link to their products,thanks.

Edit: Nevermind,I found it.

Nichols Atvs
08-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Just orderd one hopefully have it for the next race on sunday

mecheech
08-09-2007, 11:29 AM
I also just laid down the $$$:D I picked up both the Rockgardn body armor and the Leatt neck brace for my soon to be 6yr old.

I pesonally think this is $$$ well spent!

At least my mom(boys grandma) can sleep a little better now. Her next door neighbor boy that she was real close to, died instantly when he broke his neck after going over the bars a few months back. Since then I have been looking for something to protect my son and I think this will combo will greatly improve his safety.

I'll post after I get it and how he adapted to it all.

Nichols Atvs
08-10-2007, 03:09 PM
JUst got ours today going to use it on sunday. had a hard time getting his jersey over it .just a learning curve ,results later Next week

dblacks
08-12-2007, 08:49 PM
drew wears a jersey 2 sizes bigger so it is easier to get on over it

Nichols Atvs
08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
took alittle getting use to but he likes it now we are ging to use a thin tank top next time so to doesant rub on him until its broke in alittle more good buy i feel