PDA

View Full Version : BLaster wont move....but starts?

Gray33
08-06-2007, 09:55 AM
hello,

Last night, when i was riding and stoped at a stop sign and after i stoped it just revs in all the gears and wont go forward? So i pushed it back to my house which is like a mile and it will start on frist kick but it revs up in every gear and it wont move? does this mean my enige is screwed? ANyone know what might caused this or what it is?

cr977
08-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Gray33
hello,

Last night, when i was riding and stoped at a stop sign and after i stoped it just revs in all the gears and wont go forward? So i pushed it back to my house which is like a mile and it will start on frist kick but it revs up in every gear and it wont move? does this mean my enige is screwed? ANyone know what might caused this or what it is?

well obviously, first make sure your chain did not fall off, after that check to see your clutch cable did not somehow get stuck so your clutch is always engaged those are the only reasons i could see that happening

D-MAN92
08-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by cr977
well obviously, first make sure your chain did not fall off, after that check to see your clutch cable did not somehow get stuck so your clutch is always engaged those are the only reasons i could see that happening

ya i would think it was the clutch cable being stuck, you would know if your gears are screwed but the only way to find out is to open the bottom end up. good luck

cr977
08-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by D-MAN92
ya i would think it was the clutch cable being stuck, you would know if your gears are screwed but the only way to find out is to open the bottom end up. good luck

i thought the same thing about the gears at first, but i was thinking it would be making funny noises before it just lost gears

honda450rider33
08-06-2007, 07:43 PM
yea if you burnt up your gears you would have known it, it would have just not stopped working without any noises. like the others said i would check your clutch cable and your chain

Good Luck!!!

pro-rider46
08-12-2007, 12:38 AM
this is really far fetched, but maybe your clutches instantly went out, or something in the tranny cause them to get damaged.

440ex2001
08-16-2007, 04:35 PM
The push rod and and adjustnment screw is lose or unscrewed. Take of the clutch cover off and look at the center of the pressure plate now work the clutch lever and see what happens. If the cable was stuck you would be able to obviously tell by the lever not moving.