PDA

View Full Version : 250R Pipe,LSR A-Arms

fireburns99
08-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Hey pappy,
I have a sparks 250R pipe that i recently dinged trying to remove. I was wondering what you charge to pull the dent as well as re-chrome. Also what is the cost without pulling the dent. The dent is right around where it turns the fram and heads toward the expansions chamber. I could separate the two pieces and got a hammer out and beat it into the A-Arm mount.
Also i have a set of LSR a-arms, thats i'd like to get in gloss black, or chorme if you do that. Same with the Steering stem. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.
Nick

fireburns99
08-06-2007, 03:13 PM
I just read that you don't do chrome, so scratch the pipe thing. What is the going rate for Works triple rates PC'ed and dissasembly/reassembly? Thanks

Pappy
08-06-2007, 04:31 PM
10-4 on chroming

a set of arms in that color would run $55

spring set with dis/re-assembly $50

fireburns99
08-06-2007, 04:43 PM
The prices sound better than anything around here, and from what i've seen you do a much better job, so kudos. I was wondering if you could give me an estimate on the turn around time for some A-arms, and steering stem.

Also i saw something that you offer that seemed almost like a jet coating for pipes etc. Could that be a viable alternative to chrome for a sparks TT pipe? And what is the rate for that. Thank you.

Pappy
08-06-2007, 06:24 PM
turn around this time of year depends heavily on two things....

the amount of stuff i have for the strippers (they dont like stripping just a few items)

and the weather. right now it is so humid that no sooner then metal is stripped it starts to rust. i have 8 or 10 frames at the strippers now and at any point i can get a call they are ready and i have to drop what im doing and rush them back here to be prepped and coated...lol 2 weeks is what i strive for at any point in the year.

an expansion chamber coatd in high temp would be roughly $100 or you can have it coated in a non-ceramic coating for around $50

fireburns99
08-06-2007, 08:58 PM
do you have any samples of the high temp coating. I've heard of it, but i haven't seen any samples. Thanks Pappy.

Pappy
08-06-2007, 09:23 PM
i am sure there are a few shots in the colors thread, but i use all external hardrives now to store all my pics so finding them would be a nightmare now due to it being in the middle of race season( i have well over 30,000 pics stored:p )

the shiney type is what you see on headers and from many of teh aftermarket exhaust companies. it seems to do ok. the other is just a matte black. if you have access to a sandblaster then you can do it yourself with a can of BBQ grill paint and an afternoon of your work!

fireburns99
08-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Sorry for being a P.I.A. pappy, but is the price for stealth black the same as gloss? Because my new list of items is:

1. LSR A-Arms, tie rods
2. LSR +1 steering stem
3. Stock front spindles/hubs
4. Stock axle

Thanks, Nick

Pappy
08-14-2007, 02:48 PM
yep gloss black and stealth..same prices

Aceman
08-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Fireburns,

this guy can pretty much take the dents out of anything: