PDA

View Full Version : setting on elkas for XC...resprung and revalved by C&D

balls2da-wall
08-06-2007, 08:56 AM
ALright I started out the season with Elka LT quadrates fully adjustables. They were too stiff so I had them re-sprung and re-valved by C&D. They also set them for me since I am terrible when it comes to suspension. Now I have 2 races on them and I feel I need to adjust them. Here is my best discreption of how they feel and how I want them to feel. To me they feel spungy and follow every little bump and ditch on the track making it one heck of a work out through the bars because the tires a contacting the ground ALL the time. I do have a dampener and adjusted that but I feel as though the front should skip more through the rough stuff. Also...when I go down a small ditch and quickly back up the shocks seem to be bottoming. My question is what to do. Do I want the shocks hugging the ground that tight or should they skip over the really rough stuff? I know the way the Elkas were stock they were smooth on the really rough stuff because they would skip over it, but terrible when not at high speed.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-06-2007, 09:24 AM
If you want the shocks not to follow the ground so much slow the rebound. If you slow it to much they will pack up. With the type of straight down and straight up off camber stuff you ran this weekend I think everyone bottemed out when hitting that stuff. I know that I heard a lot of guys talking about those up and down hills killing their arms. As far as the original setting on your elka's the spring rates were so stiff they shipping over the ruff stuff because they were not even compressing.

balls2da-wall
08-06-2007, 09:28 AM
So i need to slow the rebound. I actually went the wrong way then when I said I was going to adjust them a little. and im sure with the new bushings the rebound is even faster. I will try slowing them down a bit and see how that works.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Friction in your arms cause a lot of shock problems. If you rebuild your arms they move a lot more freely and you will have to slow the rebound.

balls2da-wall
08-06-2007, 09:52 AM
How many clicks in would you recommend going?

Colby@C&DRacing
08-07-2007, 08:35 AM
I would start with turn the adjuster in 2-3 clicks from my original settings and see how it feels from there