PDA

View Full Version : First ride on LTR450

sly400ex
08-06-2007, 08:37 AM
I was thoroughly impressed by this machine. My 416 has the mods in my sig, and it didn't hold a candle in the the wind against my buddy's 450.

I finally felt quite inferior on my quad. My brother has a Honda 450 with suspension work and slight motor work and it didn't even seem up to par with the stock Suzuki. (Well, he does have a pipe/ remap)

Good job Suzuki, you guys made it hard for me to get back and ride my 416 after riding that thing!:chinese:

cr977
08-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by sly400ex
I was thoroughly impressed by this machine. My 416 has the mods in my sig, and it didn't hold a candle in the the wind against my buddy's 450.

I finally felt quite inferior on my quad. My brother has a Honda 450 with suspension work and slight motor work and it didn't even seem up to par with the stock Suzuki. (Well, he does have a pipe/ remap)

Good job Suzuki, you guys made it hard for me to get back and ride my 416 after riding that thing!:chinese:

if i was going to buy a new 450 is would be a suzuki. it is a great bike

JRP
08-06-2007, 09:14 AM
IMO the suzuki is slow as hell in stock form. Once you add the CB its a different story. It handles good stock, I like them alot. My bud mike has one, but he always has issues with the fuel pump getting clogged at races, and its a PITA to constantly take it apart and clean it.

08-06-2007, 09:35 AM
I ride a YFZ and when I rode my friends LTR I was amazed and I loved it. But after my riding my friends piped 450r, the 450r will deff be my next race quad. That thing was fasssst.

FoxRacing81
08-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Suzuki's can be badass machines, if built right and maintained properly. Always clean the filter, as you should on any quad, but pay a little more attention here. My buddy has had such bad luck with that stuff he is back to running stock filters (1 for practice, change to a different one for moto 1, clean one from practice n use it for moto 2)...so far so good...

But yeah...a full exhaust and a cherry bomb...really wakes them up.

Just maintaince. Keep the filter clean, keep the fuses clean (cost us a race at High Point...connection was dirty and made the quad spit and spudder. He pulled the holeshot with it running like that (somehow). All the way off the start and through the first few turns it ran ****ty then eventually just shut off...), keep every questionable spot clean, and it'll be a fine quad.

DVXracer
08-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Yeah suzuki's are superior. I maintain mine properly and it allows me to beat the fcuk out of it at the races. Its a wonderful machine, best atv ive owned hands down.

282ex
08-06-2007, 11:20 AM
i just bought an 2006 ltr450 yesterday...and im going to pick it up in an hour. i got mostlikely the best deal possible...only $3900 for it. I guess the kid started out asking 4800 but he never got any offers. im very excited to get it home and start my mx build for next year. since its my last year on a 300ex.

XXXRACER165
08-06-2007, 02:59 PM
An LTR450 is deff my next machine

FoxRacing81
08-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 282ex
i just bought an 2006 ltr450 yesterday...and im going to pick it up in an hour. i got mostlikely the best deal possible...only $3900 for it. I guess the kid started out asking 4800 but he never got any offers. im very excited to get it home and start my mx build for next year. since its my last year on a 300ex.

do you happen to live in western pa? That deal sounds so famlier to one my buddy almost took up.

mineralgrey01gt
08-06-2007, 03:37 PM
this is also my next machine. I plan on getting one when I finish my 250r

N300exJ
08-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Id take my 400ex over an ltr anyday of the week. I have ridden quite a few ltrs both stock and with mods. All of them felt horrible. I couldnt get comfortable at all on it. plus the front end pushes too much and the throttle is wayyyyy to touchy. Maybe the 08 with traction control is better?

firefighterjosh
08-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex

Thats why i wanted one

282ex
08-06-2007, 07:41 PM
no i live in connecticut...but the quad was forsale in mass. i had to jump on the deal (even though i dont have the cash) because at a price like that it wouldnt last. i took it for a ride and its wicked fast...its mostly stock besides a 13.5:1 piston, k&n filter and holeshot tires. oh yeah and a tag bumper.

ida400ex
08-06-2007, 09:47 PM
i just bought my ltr about a month ago and i am very happy with it.it is a huge step up from my ex. it was worth every penny of it. i rode outher 450s (trx,yfz) and they didnt feel near as comfortable as the ltr. after i put the cb on and took out the baffle it was a beast!

mx1791
08-06-2007, 10:49 PM
when i took my friends ltr for a spin on the track, i was so comfortable on it i was jumping it right away. i couldnt even go in a straight line on my brothers yfz. now all i need to do is ride a kfx and then ill decide what my next bike is

Pappy
08-06-2007, 11:24 PM
ive seen so many riders switch to the LTR and began riding it like they had owned it all their life. I wasnt super impressed with its power in stock form, but adding the cherry bomb turned it on. I cant jump it (trust me, i belong on the ground) but I have watched riders switch from Z400's and other sport oriented atv's take flight on these things like it had wings.

its still atad wide for the woods, but the FI makes it smooooooth. if i can get healthy again id love to narrow it up and go racing it:p