PDA

View Full Version : Chadwick, MO

Ace Sixx
08-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I've never been to Chadwick and I'm jonesing big time to check it out. Post up your pics and vids if you have them!

cr977
08-06-2007, 01:32 PM
i dont have pics but that place is awesome, all rocks you better have at least a engine skid if you go there. it is great though

Ace Sixx
08-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by cr977
i dont have pics but that place is awesome, all rocks you better have at least a engine skid if you go there. it is great though

I've got the skids so that is no problem. I hear a lot of the trails are pretty gnarly. I'm more into hauling ***. On how many trails is this possible?

Come on, someone has to have some decent pics or vids!

mod440ex
08-08-2007, 10:04 PM
hey man try going to atvpathfinder.com and its all free. it will give you some pics and a link to get to chadwicks home page. there are some more pics on there.

Ace Sixx
08-09-2007, 04:46 AM
That looks like it could be a pretty cool site. Thanks for the link.

wallabear
08-16-2007, 07:22 AM
I was just there last weekend, it was real hot, however fun. Anytime that you guys want to head out there let me know, I do not live too far from chadwick and I love to ride there as much as possible. Just PM me I can be loaded up and at trails in about 30 to 45 min.

Ace Sixx
08-17-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by wallabear
I was just there last weekend, it was real hot, however fun. Anytime that you guys want to head out there let me know, I do not live too far from chadwick and I love to ride there as much as possible. Just PM me I can be loaded up and at trails in about 30 to 45 min.

Sounds great. I will put you on my "buddy" list.

I'd like to come down sometime when it cools off just a little bit. I work until 0430 on Saturday mornings, so driving down and riding on a Saturday is out for me (I live in Richmond--probably a 3.5 hour drive). I'd like to drive down early some Sunday morning, getting there between 0930 and 1000 and ride for five or six hours or so and then head back north. That's my plan.

I'll definitely hit you up sometime.

wallabear
08-17-2007, 09:19 AM
there is a group of us talking about going this Sunday. It will be some of the coolest weather we have had a little while. you also know that there is a camp ground so you could make the trip say Saturday evening camp and be ready to ride in the morning. they have jsut added new shower facilities. It is not a bad camp ground at all. I will PM you my contact info so you can get ahold of me. Later

mod440ex
08-17-2007, 09:29 AM
i will ask you(wallabear) what is the difference between chadwick and suttons bluff, or something like that. i also live in richmond and there are a few of us that are tyring to find new areas to ride and we have been down there a few times but never seen anything about suttons bluff.

wallabear
08-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Honestly I have never been to Suttons Bluff. I have talked to a couple of peopel that have been there and they enjoyed the trails. The biggest thing I have heard them say is that it does not have near the amount of trails that chadwick has, but it is fun I may try getting over there some time in the fall. I have also been trying to get a few people together to go up to St. Joe, I have heard really good things about the riding there. Another fun place I have been is Cass, AR a lot of peopel call it mill creek or white rock, but what ever you call it, I call it fun. we rode our face off! We woke up early ate breakfast packed a trail lunch and took off. we never made it back before 7PM. there was just soo much riding to be done there. hope I gave you so ideals on new places.

mod440ex
08-17-2007, 03:41 PM
we have been to st joe, and the one bad thing about it is most of it is in the open flat sandlike pit. they do have some good hills and decent trails but you have to really work to get to them. another bad thing is you have to have a flag at all times. they do have a nice campground and shower house, but they are really strict. we went to some place in ar but i dont remeber and it was all really easy trails. we made a really long one day rode trip we were going to try and hit mill creek to salvage the week but bad weather made us just come on home. i dont think i could get my buddies to try that again. how far is suttons bluff from chadwick?

wallabear
08-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Suttons Bluff is near Centerville, MO. That is like 3 hrs from where I live, which is real close to chadwick. It would be worth the trip to check it out though.

cbennett86250r
08-21-2007, 10:57 PM
here is some cheeseball video of us at chadwick..
sorry for the language.. :S im the one on the R

cbennett86250r
08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
... oh yeah.. the video.. *smacks forehead*
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fragvy9VSW4

cbennett86250r
08-21-2007, 11:02 PM
i found this while browsing youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD2e2JUP7rg&NR=1
wish i could find a camera that nice..
i would probably buy it

z-mann
08-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Suttons Bluff is near Centerville, MO. That is like 3 hrs from where I live, which is real close to chadwick. It would be worth the trip to check it out though.

Suttons bluff is my favorite place to trail ride. We will most likely be going there again a few times this year. It is cool because you get to ride on the roads to get to the trails. They claim not much trails but they also don't count any mileage on the fire (logging) roads you ride on to get to the trails. Hit me up when you feel like going and I will show you the trails.

St. Joes is also a blast. They have a bunch of trails but they aren't one way directional and it gets packed out there. PLus, there is a bunch of 4 way intersections so it can be a bit dangerous if you are hauling butt.

Ace Sixx
08-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by cbennett86250r
i found this while browsing youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD2e2JUP7rg&NR=1
wish i could find a camera that nice..
i would probably buy it

I had seen the first video you posted before, but not this one. Thanks for posting it up!

wallabear
08-28-2007, 03:14 PM
anyone riding chadwick labor day weekend?

mod440ex
08-28-2007, 04:13 PM
i know i wont i gotta work all weekend:mad:

Ace Sixx
08-29-2007, 05:45 AM

Can't make it down for Labor Day. I know this is a long time off, but I'm planning on heading down there sometime during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Perhaps Friday when everyone is out shopping, or possibly Saturday.

mod440ex
08-29-2007, 06:29 AM
i will have to mark it on my calender

wallabear
08-29-2007, 11:25 AM
that is a long time off, but I will mark it down. anything sooner. I am planning to ride either Sunday or Monday of the labor day weekend. If I had my pick it would most likely be Monday. It has always seemed kind of dead on Labor day everyone who was camping is breaking camp and heading home. If anyone wants to send me a PM and we will set a time and a place to meet up.
I do have to day that this is the longest any thread about Chadwick has gone on. I am glad to see more ppl who ride there posting. we need to try to get more ppl together from the area. I can make time just about any weekend with some advance notice.

Ace Sixx
09-03-2007, 06:27 PM

Hey wallabear, did you end up going to Chadwick over the weekend?

wallabear
09-04-2007, 07:32 AM
yah I was there for a few hours in the morning yesterday. I plan on going this coming Saturday as well, that would be 9-8-07 for anyone looking at a calander. I have been trying to find a steady group of ppl to ride with down there but no luck. If anyone wants to set up a bi-weekly or even monthly schedual I would not be opposed. We need to get more ppl from the area to post here.

mod440ex
09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
it must be nice to live that close to that place. I know me and some of my buddies might try to go down there this fall on a fri-sat thing, i will post up a while in advance so if ya guys wanna hook up

wallabear
09-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I am ready when ever you guys are. It is nice to live so close, but I find it hard to find a group to ride with. I love going down there but lately I have been going against my cardnal rule about riding alone. If I did not go alone I would never go. I just post on here when I am going however it never seems to get answered hence I go it alone. Anytime anyone want to ride chadwick give me a holler I will be there with bells on.

mod440ex
09-04-2007, 02:15 PM
what days are you off so we know when to try to come down, most the guys i ride with work 3 12hr days. i have to go into work on sunday nights.

wallabear
09-04-2007, 08:38 PM
3 12's wow 36 hour work weeks. I work 4 10's Monday thru Friday. I have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. My weekend schedual is pretty open just give me a few days notice that way I can let the wife unit know that I have plans and it does not include the mall or any other type of store (lol). yup just give me a call if you do not have my contact info just PM me for it. Later all.

Huzler
09-04-2007, 09:39 PM
tryin to switch jobs so that i can ride more so then i might be able to do a bi weekly thing but at the moment in an OTR driver and it SUCKS keep u posted

mod440ex
09-05-2007, 06:47 AM
dido man, let them have 100 bucks and say dont spend it all in one spot.:D

mod440ex
10-28-2007, 01:44 AM
anybody been down there recently