PDA

View Full Version : 400ex cylinder sleeve

chucky797
08-05-2007, 10:06 PM
so it was about time that something broke on the turboed 400ex. i was riding and i deatonated the motor and the piston broke apart and messed up the sleeve also. is there any way for me to just get a stock sleeve. i talked to a local shop and they said i needed the to buy the who cyl. set up.

EX LONERIDER
08-05-2007, 10:11 PM
look for someone who's done a 440 kit like myself. i had to replace my stock sleeve for the bigger one to accept the 440 size piston and i still have my stocker in a box along with the piston.

honda300EXtreme
08-05-2007, 10:14 PM
yea,, i would stay away from that shop... yea you can buy just the sleeve...

chucky797
08-05-2007, 10:15 PM
yea i am not letting the shop even look at it. i have it at my house ripped apart. i have a piston already. i just need the sleeve. how much are you willing to sell it for if you want to

honda300EXtreme
08-05-2007, 10:20 PM
hey.. i dont know if your interested but i have the stock cylinder in the jug... it does need bored out but ill let it go cheap..

EX LONERIDER
08-05-2007, 10:24 PM
if you already have a piston for it and want a new sleeve look into lasleeve. i think they have any kind of sleeve you are looking for. i dont know their web site but look in the back of any dirtwheels magazine. they are advertised in there.

REDRIDDER
08-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by EX LONERIDER
if you already have a piston for it and want a new sleeve look into lasleeve. i think they have any kind of sleeve you are looking for. i dont know their web site but look in the back of any dirtwheels magazine. they are advertised in there. Yes LA sleeve is a great place that's were i got the sleeve for my 426ex and yes they can make a sleeve size for just about anything and their turnaround time was great a little pricey but you usually get what you pay for...

chucky797
08-11-2007, 05:37 PM
ok now that the sleeve is on the way does anyone know how to get the piston off the connecting rod. i am trying to leave it together and do it. does anyone know. i have the cyl. off and the piston is rite there just need to know how to remove it

JOEX
08-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by chucky797
ok now that the sleeve is on the way does anyone know how to get the piston off the connecting rod. i am trying to leave it together and do it. does anyone know. i have the cyl. off and the piston is rite there just need to know how to remove it
There's a circlip on each end of the wrist pin. Remove them and slide out the wrist pin.

08-11-2007, 09:50 PM
1st off I have seen the turbo 400ex but never one that someone besides the company that made it owned. I'm curious to see what it looks like.