View Full Version : quick question

allstock
08-05-2007, 09:55 PM
im a honda rider and today i jumped on my friends yamaha (pat browns old bike) and you cant ride it at low rpms without it breaking up, popping and losing power the only time it will actually drive with power is if your constantly in high rpms. the best way i can describe it is that it feels like its running out gas.. is this how yfz's are or does he have something wrong with it?

08-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Thats how mine is. It's gotta be ridin fast.
Also, the battery doesn't charge itself unless its going over 3,000 rpms.
Where do you ride at?

allstock
08-05-2007, 10:59 PM
there is no battery.... claytons pit is right behind my house

08-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh yea, its a kicker. My friends dad has one of Browns old bikes too.

KENNY HEMMINGS
08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by allstock
im a honda rider and today i jumped on my friends yamaha (pat browns old bike) and you cant ride it at low rpms without it breaking up, popping and losing power the only time it will actually drive with power is if your constantly in high rpms. the best way i can describe it is that it feels like its running out gas.. is this how yfz's are or does he have something wrong with it?
THERES A PROBLEM SOME WHERE, I'VE HAD 04, 05 AND STILL
HAVE A 06 JUST FINISHED A 07 AND NON OFF MINE DO THAT
I RACE XC AND IF THEY DID YOU WOULDNT BE ABLE TO RIDE THEM IN THE WOODS AT ALL??

dr.dyfz
08-06-2007, 01:17 PM
mine you cant be under 3000 r's or it will bog if you nail it but its only a prob for my friends that are pu$$ys and cant ride very hard till the straights

Trx4Life
08-06-2007, 08:49 PM
whats been done to it. Could be a jetting or aftermarket rev box issue. I know my old ladys bike was very crisp never wanted to bog in the lower rpms. I would say if it was just wanting to bog could also be gearing, but that wouldent make it pop. Could be a little lean on bottom end if it feals like its running out of gas. Try maybe going up on the pilot or richening up the air screw.

allstock
08-06-2007, 09:05 PM
well we dont know whats done to the motor.. pat forgot:rolleyes: so he said it runs on premium and donny lysinger did the jetting so it might be the cdi

KENNY HEMMINGS
08-07-2007, 04:59 AM
ALL THE AFTERMARKET CDI SEEM TO GIVE SOME TROUBLE
GYTR MAKES A HIGH REV BOX THAT I HAVENT HAD ANY TROUBLE
OUT OFF.
YOUR JETTING SHOULD BE AROUND 175 MAIN 45 TO 48 PILOT
2-1/2 TO 2 3/4 ON AIR SCREW THATS WITH A PRETTY STOCK
ENGINE WITH PIPE AND AIR BOX MODS & CDI BOX, NEEDLE CLIP
ON THE 3 OR 4 TH GROOVE FROM TOP HAS WORKED FINE FOR
ME? NATURALLY IF YOU HAVE A LOT OFF MOTOR WORK GOING TO
NEED MORE FUEL AND AIR.
IF YOUR FRIENDS QUAD DOESNT RUN WELL OFF THE BOTTOM