PDA

View Full Version : best exhaust system?

xxsyn1kalxx
08-05-2007, 07:38 PM
what is the best exhaust system for the kfx 450r? is it the DASA?

honda300EXtreme
08-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Dasa
Sparks
Yoshi
HMF

are all great pipes for that quad

xxsyn1kalxx
08-05-2007, 08:00 PM
what about the white bros xcr pipe, a local dealership has it on display and they said that its pretty sweet. But right now I'm thinking about getting the dasa. is that the best choice?

honda300EXtreme
08-05-2007, 08:08 PM
yea you cant go wrong with the dasa it will definatly make a huge improvment... i say go for it

white brothers isnt as good of a pipe as the ones mentioned above... most of the time dont believe anything a dealer tells you... they just want to make a quick buck,,,

orang_kawa
08-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Pro Circuit has been working with the bike alot longer than anyone else the pipe is awesome and looks sweet dude but it is all what you want

xxsyn1kalxx
08-06-2007, 09:43 AM
yea the only reason I was trusting the dealer is because the guy thats their mechanic is a good friend of mine I went to highschool with him, and he had it on his bike. and their mechanic had the pro circuit on his, which looked pretty good and he said it was awesome. I think Ill go with the dasa or the pro circuit, im gonna keep weighing it out this week and prolly decide in a day or two which is a better choice

bustedknuckle
08-06-2007, 11:52 AM
after reading about all pipes and checking the piece in atv mag. we went with baldwins.it gave the most hp. it was the strongest.it realy workes.you can put back on the heat guards.

T2RACING
08-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the Dr. D??

honda300EXtreme
08-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by T2RACING
Has anyone heard anything about the Dr. D??

i hear its a good bottom to mid pipe,, and pretty loud..

450raider
08-06-2007, 01:19 PM
well if i was gonna get a pipe it would be the dasa, but ive got a small question, so is pro circuit to kawi the same thing as yoshi is to zuke?

04TRX400EX
08-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
well if i was gonna get a pipe it would be the dasa, but ive got a small question, so is pro circuit to kawi the same thing as yoshi is to zuke?

Yes, that appears to be the arrangement. Just like Suzuki factory riders run Yoshimura engines and exhausts, Kawasaki riders run Pro Circuit exhausts but I don't remember who they said builds their engines :confused:

416exfreak
08-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Team Monster Energy/Kawasaki originally ran Pro Circuit pipes and was waiting on Pro Circuit to build thier engines, but got tired of waiting and switched to DASA to build thier engines....

Or so said the 6 page article in Dirt Wheels...:ermm:

xxsyn1kalxx
08-06-2007, 07:36 PM
this is proving to be a pretty hard choice

feature05
08-06-2007, 10:15 PM
I want to get an exhaust and power commander too, I'm just waiting for FUEL ATV to finish all the dyno runs so I can see which one is producing the best results.

xxsyn1kalxx
08-07-2007, 12:35 AM
yea he said the dyno jet one is the best, hopefully the dyno tests will be done soon and that will help me choose which exhaust o go with

04TRX400EX
08-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Team Monster Energy/Kawasaki originally ran Pro Circuit pipes and was waiting on Pro Circuit to build thier engines, but got tired of waiting and switched to DASA to build thier engines....

Or so said the 6 page article in Dirt Wheels...:ermm:

What month/issue of Dirt Wheels is that?

07250ex
08-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by 450raider

yoshi's are widely seen on yfz's to

416exfreak
08-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
What month/issue of Dirt Wheels is that?

oh hell...i dont remember exactly...its an 07 issue...i wanna say sometimes between may and july.

mx825
08-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
oh hell...i dont remember exactly...its an 07 issue...i wanna say sometimes between may and july.

that would be june:p :D

KAWIRYDER
08-17-2007, 10:49 PM
has anyone heard anything about Two Brothers exhaust? Are they any good? I was thinking of either Two Brothers or Baldwin. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Shock2U
08-19-2007, 09:08 AM
According to Mr Fuel;
DASA is this the way to roll. Dyno numbers to prove it. But I like Trinity's pipe overall good numbers also. Now KFX450Hq site is down right now. But the numbers are there. I don't know when it will be back up. Mr Fuel is aware of the problem.

granitgod
08-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Is there a link from fuelatvs websit to the kfx450hq site ? If not what is the web adderess

etccb
09-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Looking at fuels numbers the ESR was the best standard but he did CHANGE a DASA to be a little better then the ESR.Both look to be great pipes.

feature05
09-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Just in case everyone didn't get a chance to see the results from FUELATV I copied them from the other post, I think they should belong in this one. I'm glad FUEL ATV did this, is was a big help in deciding which exhaust I wanted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FUELATV's results and comments:

I have photos of every pipe in the shootout mounted up on the bike, but this website is not letting me post that many photos. I will also have all the dyno sheets posted soon. I just need to scan them all and upload them.

I want to make a few statements here. First off do not get all caught up in the peak HP number. All dynos read different. This is why we have a base line run to see the gains made with each pipe. The dyno used is a dyno jet dyno. All of the pipes were tuned for max HP. Some pipes liked 13-1 a/f and some liked 13.8-1.

1. WILL THE AFTER MARKET EXHAUST PIPES MAKE MORE HP THEN THE STOCK EXAUST WITH THE BAFFLE PULLED OUT?
A. YES ..... All of the pipes tested ..... SO FAR.... did make more HP then the stock exhaust with the baffle pulled out. Most of the aftermarket pipes tested were VERY close. Some made a little more then others.

2. DB'S ...... All of the db testing was done at 3750 RPM. The spark arrestors were removed on the aftermarket exhausts for this test.

3. All dyno runs were done with 91 octane pump gas.

The dyno sheets will be listed below. We will show each pipe run layed up aginst the stock pipe with the baffle pulled. Then you can see how much better each pipe does over the stock set up.

Stock pipe - Baffle out, air box lid off and a Power commander
Peak HP - 40.96
Max Torque - 30.15

Pro Circuit pipe -
Peak HP - 44.61
Max Torque - 31.52
104db at 3750 RPM
The Pro Circuit pipe has mounts for the stock head pipe heat shield, but it does not have mounts for the stock mid pipe heat shield. The Pro Circuit's can is riveted together making repacking alittle more time consuming.

Baldwin Racing pipe-
Peak HP - 44.93
Max Torque - 32.18
102db at 3750 RPM
This is a REALLY nice piece. Baldwin went the extra mile incorperating alot of nice features into their pipe. The pipe has machined fittings for the canister and mid pipe making intalling it and removing it very easy. The Baldwin pipe also has a Billet canister mount, Thick head pipe flange, both the head pipe and mid pipe stock heat shields will bolt on. To top it off the end cap unbolts for easy canister repacking.

Trinity Racing pipe -
Peak HP - 45.16
Max Torque - 33.05
106db at 3750
The Trinity pipe is a multi step pipe. It has a mount for the head pipe heat shield, comes ceramic coated, and uses a trick billet clamp to hold on the canister. The pipe's end cap does unbolt for easy canister repacking.

LRD pipe - Anniversary Edition Exhaust .......OPTIONAL 1.9 end cap sleeve installed
Peak HP - 45.26
Max Torque - 33.35
102db at 3750
This exhaust features a modular billet rear end-cap design that utilizes sleeves to tune performance and sound. The Anniversary Edition pipe comes with a 1.25 inch end cap sleeve. You can buy the .875 inch sleeve or the 1.9 inch sleeve at $29.95 each from LRD. These other sleeves DO NOT COME WITH THE PIPE. This LRD pipe has a HUGE canister diameter. The LRD pipe does have mounts for the stock head pipe heat shield, but no mounts for the mid pipe heat shield. This pipe does have a billet header flange, but it is not as thick as some of the others . The pipe's end cap does unbolt for easy canister repacking.

LRD pipe - Anniversary Edition Exhaust ....... 1.25 end cap sleeve comes with this pipe
No dyno numbers with this endcap, but expect a BIG HP loss
100db at 3750

LRD pipe - Anniversary Edition Exhaust ....... OPTIONAL .875 end cap sleeve installed
No dyno numbers with this endcap, but expect a BIG HP loss
97db at 3750

Motoworks pipe -
Peak HP - 45.46
Max Torque - 33.05
102db at 3750
This pipe does have a billet header flange, but it is not as thick as some of the others. The head pipe does not have any steps and the diameter is about the same as the stock head pipe. Once it goes alittle ways into the mid pipe it does have a small step. The Motoworks pipe does have a riveted canister this will make repacking the canister alittle more time consuming.

Dasa pipe - 16 inch standard version
Peak HP - 45.6
Max Torque - 33.25
103db at 3750 RPM
The Dasa pipe is a multi stepped pipe. All Dasa pipes are hand made here in the USA and the quality really shows with perfect tig welds. The Dasa pipe does not have any heat shield mounts. It does have alot of nice features including TRICK billet end caps, a billet canister mount and a THICK head pipe flange. The Dasa pipe's end cap does unbolt for easy canister repacking.

Sparks Racing pipe - BIG CORE version
Peak HP - 45.72
Max Torque - 32.62
107 at 3750 RPM
The sparks pipe does not have any mounts for a heat shield. Sparks did make the end cap unbolt for easy canister repacking.

HMF pipe -
Peak HP - 45.72
Max Torque - 32.80
105db at 3750 RPM
The HMF pipe is a multi spepped pipe. It does have a riveted canister this will make repacking the canister alittle more time consuming. This pipe does not have any heat shield mounts.

Yoshimua pipe - full stainless steel version
Peak HP - 45.76
Max Torque - 33.55
102db at 3750
The Yoshi pipe features a billet canister mounting bracket and mounts for both mid pipe and head pipe heat shields. The also comes with a custom yoshi head pipe heat shield. The pipe does not have any steps untill right befor the canister. The Yoshi pipe does have a riveted canister this will make repacking the canister alittle more time consuming.

ESR pipe -
Peak HP - 46.15
Max Torque - 32.48
106db at 3750 RPM
The ESR pipe is a multi stepped head pipe that comes ceramic coated and includes a very cool clamping billet canister mount. It does not have any heat shield mounts. This pipe's end cap does unbolt for easy canister repacking.

Dasa pipe - 13 inch CUSTOM FUELATV version 106db at 3750 RPM
Peak HP - 46.3
Max Torque - 33.25
All Dasa pipes are hand made here in the USA and the quality really shows with perfect tig welds. The Dasa pipe does not have any heat shield mounts. It does have alot of nice features including TRICK billet end caps, a billet canister mount and a THICK head pipe flange. The Dasa pipe's end cap does unbolt for easy canister repacking.

quad97
09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Remember that peak horsepower isn't everything, it depends on where you gain the power for the type of riding you do.

KAWIRYDER
09-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Has anyone else had problems with trying to access kfx450hq website information?

livetoride
09-20-2007, 08:35 PM
KFX450HQ has been down now for alittle over a month.

brad7131
09-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Has anyone heard anything about the NMotion pipe out for the Kawi? About mid-next year I plan to buy some sort of new quad, and the KFX sure is looking good..

scanz85
10-17-2007, 10:11 PM
does anyone know anything about the twin exhaust out for the kawi, i think its dmc? please email me at znacs76@yahoo.com with any information. i dont get on here alot so please drop me a line.

gcummings17
10-22-2007, 04:02 PM
I just got the Yoshimura Pipe on mine and it sounds great. A friend has another brand and we both agree mine seems better

spanky101
10-24-2007, 09:46 PM
dasa has been proven to be the best performance oriented pipe there is out. plain and simple. There are many pipes out and it really comes down to your price range and what your lookin for out of the pipe

450r ride red
10-31-2007, 10:11 AM
DASA

fuelatv.com

08mxkfx
01-31-2008, 02:57 PM
we still have yet to see the power curves for all these pipes. peak hp doesnt mean much its how well the power curve matches your riding style. One person might hate a pipe while another likes it. It all depends with how you ride your bike and where it makes power. Cause if i pipe makes 50hp at 9000rpm that would be kinda of usless cause most people dont ride almost on the rev limiter.

livetoride
01-31-2008, 07:47 PM
here is what i got when i ran my 13" DASA exhaust. this run was done in Waynoka OK, stock the KFX made 38hp on this dyno with the DASA exhaust, PCIII, and Fuel Atv Intake it made 46hp.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/450DUNER_photos/Graphs006.jpg