PDA

View Full Version : hop ups

kidwitha400ex
10-25-2002, 09:26 PM
i need some hop up tips for my 400 (i just ordered a k*n airfilter)

PIPES loud with a spark arester?

nething you guys got lemee no

Sparks425Ex
10-26-2002, 06:20 AM
Well i will be teh first to tell ya that suspension should come first.

I say get:

Pipe
Axle
Shocks
A arms

Alot of pipe you can get different end caps for and things to make it sounds quiter. Except for the engien builders pipe. But they are better.

QuadTrix6
10-26-2002, 02:41 PM
1-nerfs
2-p brake block off,
3-bars, acc (kill switch,perch)
4-tires and wheels
5-shox
6-a arms and axle
7-exhaust
8-tinners air scoops
9-......

Sparks425Ex
10-26-2002, 03:03 PM
There is no reason to get Tires and Rims if he just got a quad. His tires will work fine for now until they wear. And unless he is racinf right off which he isn;t seeing how race season is almost over then a kill switch isn't nessacary yet.

Just get a pipe to get some more power then get some shocks or maybe even a arms too. The clutch lever and Parkign Brake Block off is minor stuff and can be done at any time.

If you wanna just get the stuff you need to make your quad fast and handling great go with my post and then add the extra stuff later.(Bumper, Kill Switch, Nerf Bars, Tires& Rims-As you need them)

Nausty
10-26-2002, 05:24 PM
Get you some nerfs, and a k&n filter(make sure you cut the tabs at the bottem of your air box if you get a k&n), cut your fenders, get some race bend bars, kill switch, and some GOOD shocks if you mx then exhaust.

kidwitha400ex
10-26-2002, 08:38 PM
my 400 in bone stok but i just ordered a kn air filter i also jus bought ac pro peg nerf bars and im getin a ac front bumper

i cant cut my fenders because i do alot if trail riding other wise i would of alredt done it

i really want a pipe, shocks, sprocket, air scoops, and handle bars(pro taper) but i need some ideas on all of that like i want a loud pipe with a park areester.. so shoot me some suggestions

exriderdude
10-26-2002, 09:03 PM
yea suspension should come first, cuz there will always be a point where the power is too much for the suspension and you actually go slower, and it doesnt take much for stock suspension

i wish my suspension was down pat, but i will take care of it this winter:devil

BrianWrightR6
10-26-2002, 11:51 PM
I would get a jet kit and remove the choke and some type of full exhaust (White Brother's) If you do all this at one time it will really wake it up.

skinrider440
10-27-2002, 11:56 AM
pipe and bars (renthal fatbars) jet kit and k&n

cheetah
10-27-2002, 09:08 PM
Well seeing as they don't cost too much, I would get a 14t sprocket first if you ride trails or mx, then a pipe with it.

RytM1
10-27-2002, 09:46 PM
Be careful what you wish for with that LOUD exhaust. There are places that are starting to enact noise limitations (i.e. State Parks). I can't speak for all places, but Silver Lake State Park in Michigan will let you in if you are a couple of db over. As far as cutting the fenders, I thought the same way, but found out that it is a big difference going through the trails and being able to see exactly where your front tires are going. I also get just as muddy with the cut fenders as I did with the full ones.

Ralph
10-28-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
Get you some nerfs, and a k&n filter(make sure you cut the tabs at the bottem of your air box if you get a k&n), cut your fenders, get some race bend bars, kill switch, and some GOOD shocks if you mx then exhaust.

EXPLAIN THE CUTTING OF THE TABS FOR ME?

whenever i trail ride, i love to get muddy, what trailriding without mud? what do u want to ride in a suit?

RytM1
10-28-2002, 09:09 AM
I think he's talking about the two tabs on the inside bottom of the airbox. You can't miss them if you look in there, they look like they are probably supports for the stock air filter to rest on. The K&N is alittle bigger than stock, and mine rubbed on those two tabs, and wore holes through my Outerwear cover.