PDA

View Full Version : Stock Z400 beats a modded Shee! *Video*

Z400central
10-25-2002, 09:19 PM
http://files.joako.com/jameybeatshee.mov

:::MIRROR:::
http://files.joako.com/jameybeatshee2.mov

the Z is stock, not sure what the shee has on it. Enjoy!

CHAUNCY
10-25-2002, 09:20 PM
the video didnt work for me ?
who won ?

Z400central
10-25-2002, 09:23 PM
Stock Z400 beats a modded Shee! *Video*

:D

and you have to let the video download all the way to play, or do right click save as.

Striker49
10-25-2002, 09:57 PM
Would that be Dbl-Trbl? :eek:

nakomis0
10-25-2002, 10:04 PM
Looks to me the Banshee pulls on him at the end;) , but regardless its pretty impressive.

MichaelS693
10-25-2002, 10:27 PM
75% rider 25% bike

beerock
10-26-2002, 03:53 AM
the banshee beat him at the end.... but the dude on the banshee couldnt drag for shiiiiiiit

10-26-2002, 07:39 AM
For 1, the rider sucked really bad, and shees dont get lots and lots of traction, plus he pulls him by the end. so hterefore Z really didnt beat him.

own2424
10-26-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by EXracer8601
For 1, the rider sucked really bad, and shees dont get lots and lots of traction, plus he pulls him by the end. so hterefore Z really didnt beat him. Yup, I raced a stock 400ex with my stock Banshee...whooped it!

billyblaster
10-26-2002, 07:57 AM
I was there that day....the reason the shee pulled ahead at the end is because jamey (guy on the Z) let off ....if you listen in the end all you hear is a 2-stroke....and the Z is just slowing down...
The drag wasn't all the way to the end so i dunno why the shee kept going.

billyblaster
10-26-2002, 08:05 AM
Here is a video of me on a 400ex and cameron (exboy400) on a Z400......we pretty much tie it.
http://files.joako.com/mevscam1.mov

I'll get some new ones of me drag racing him when im on my Z400 and him on his 400ex.

Ex_Rider43
10-26-2002, 08:28 PM
the guy on the banshee need some drag lessons

buckNbanshee
10-26-2002, 08:53 PM
:huh that is BS i have beatin the **** of stock kfx 400's and Z's and i am stock

CHAUNCY
10-26-2002, 09:00 PM
yea its the rider
A banshee will smoke a z400 if they are both stock.
If they both have pipes lets just say it would be ugly.
BuckNbanshee is right a stock shee will beat a z

roostin_dale
10-26-2002, 09:18 PM
they wouldnt work for me!

bansheeguy77
10-26-2002, 09:22 PM
they wont work for me...but its a joke im sure.....the z guys are like the 400ex guys when it first came out....takes a while till they admit the shee is faster.....

10-26-2002, 09:27 PM
Well.....I am the guy in that video on that Z (Double-Trouble from Z400 Central).

Let me say...I shifted early in that race. There are about 4 other videos where I SMOKED him. AND...in that drag...we tied in the end. Sean (the guy on the Banshee is 100 pounds lighter than me and IS a really good rider).

Bottomline....the Z IS faster in short runs. Sean's Banshee would probably have smoked me if we were on pavement (but we don't ride on pavement do we). He also would have won if it was a longer race where we could of went through ALL of the gears. In those drags...I never got out 4th gear.

I also have a "R" that is even faster than a Z. With my 22's on it I ran even with the back tires of a TRICKED 404 Banshee (which I will say is an AWESOME machine) just the other day. I put some new 18's on my "R" and he now smokes me (a Z even tied me). I just ordered a 14 and 15 for front and a 38 for the rear. I will have my holeshot back on my "R" then. Also...let me add that Mike on his 404 TRICKED Shee is running 22" SpiderTracks with no air in them.

NO BS here...and BOTH Banshee riders ride BETTER than me.

Jamey

:cool:

Striker49
10-26-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Bottomline
running 22" SpiderTracks with no air in them.

NO BS here...

:cool:

What? :huh

10-26-2002, 09:42 PM
Yeah Striker.he runs his Spidertracks with ZERO Air Pressure....and they have been like that for a few months. They don't come off the rim either. He does a lot of hill climbing in the pits. He's CRAZY man. And his SHEE is hands down the BEST hill machine I ever seen. He has bent rims with that setup too....lol.

He just lets all the air out....and they STICK....no BS man.

Also....when I ran with him on my R.....we never did hit top speed....he would have been way ahead by then.

10-26-2002, 09:51 PM
http://files.joako.com/Group2.jpg

That Red Shee.....that's Mike's 404. My R in middle.

Here is another...
http://files.joako.com/Mikes%20Shee%2005a.jpg

Put the tire guage on his tires and it won't read anything.

Striker49
10-26-2002, 10:11 PM
Thats crazy...first time Ive ever heard of that.

And your R looks....naked! I havent looked at the pics of it over at Central.

Cool pic though. :)

own2424
10-26-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Bottomline

Put the tire guage on his tires and it won't read anything. Ha, I can see the bent up rim! Tell him to run at least 2psi so the rims dont get bent up!!! Nice Z's you got there

beerock
10-26-2002, 10:45 PM
A good R with a really good port job from someone who knows whos there doin will beat a stroked banshee.......

kmoore46106
10-26-2002, 10:47 PM
Your "R" or Z could not beat a shee with a Vitos 404 kit. The only way I can see that is the big *** tires he has on the bag weighing him down. THose are tires I had but they were to heavy and bogged them down. Tell your friend to buy som 20" Fast Trekkers and run them in the opposite recommended rotation. What kind of pipes does he have? Save up for some CPI's is all I can say.

own2424
10-26-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by kmoore46106
Your "R" or Z could not beat a shee with a Vitos 404 kit. The only way I can see that is the big *** tires he has on the bag weighing him down. THose are tires I had but they were to heavy and bogged them down. Tell your friend to buy som 20" Fast Trekkers and run them in the opposite recommended rotation. What kind of pipes does he have? Save up for some CPI's is all I can say. They might be Pro Circuit, are they?! Umm...yea, get CPI or Toomey!

BrianWrightR6
10-27-2002, 12:48 AM
You better take another look at that because what I am seeing is the Banshee whipped it's *****, It would have only been worse if you get them on black top.

JustRace
10-27-2002, 01:13 AM
I went and rode around with my friend today that has a 370 shee. So we hit the trails, but we mostly drag raced. On gravel roads I had him through 4th gear, for some darn reason my EX wouldn't shift into 5th. It wouldn't have mattered whether or not I got into 5th because he already was pulling on me big time. This was on a gravel road that was really slippery and muddy. So after I beat him in drag racing 3 times on the dirt road we hit up the paved road and I was lucky to be even with him when I was in 3rd gear. We raced twice on the road and he killed me both times.

He is a better rider than me and also probably weighs 15lbs less than me, so the riding terrain really can affect the results. I have video of the race on pavement, but its not digital so I have no way to get it on the net.

Chef
10-27-2002, 01:55 AM
How "modded" was the banshee in the video....I know that I eat stock and piped Z's alive in the dunes...I raced 2 Z's, one stock, one piped with cut front fenders and extended a-arms, a raptor with like a 4 over swingarm silver fullbores, black frame, and elkas, and a CR250 bike last time I was there. I was about half a quad length ahead of the CR250, 3-4 ahead of the raptor, 6-7 ahead of the piped Z, and 9-10 ahead of the stocker....atleast thats what I was told by a group of people sitting there. We raced probably 325 feet, in the softest, driest, hardest to get hook up in sand imaginable. All of them but the bike got the jump off the line on me, and then the CR and I reeled everyone in and blew their doors off.

10-27-2002, 05:29 AM
On Mike's 404 he has Pro Circuit Platinums. He also has a Dyna Ignition...and more. AND NO....HE DON"T BOG WITH THOSE TIRES ONE BIT.

Brian.......your crazy man......that camera angle don't do the second half of the race any justice. In the end we were side by side and then I let off....Sean knew it was a tie....everybody THERE knows it was a tie.....I get a kick out of you guys.

THERE ARE about 4 OTHER videos of me and Sean dragging.....I smoked him clearly and completley in all of the other videos. I loaned Billy the tape to put them all online. He just put up the one FLUKE race where I shifted early and tied.....so when you all see the others...its TRULY gonna be SO FUNNY to hear all of the STUPID excuses and such that come out then....LMAO at most of you.

HEY LEO....YOU LIVE NEAR ME....GIVE ME A CALL>>>>COME OVER>>>WE"LL ALL GO RIDING>>>>THEN WATCH HOW MANY OF YOUR SO CALLED LOYAL SUSCRIBERS STILL DOUBT AND MAKE SORRY EXCUSES>>>>ITS JUST SO FUNNY>>>>CAUSE THEY WEREN'T EVEN THERE>>>>>>>> LEO....THIS IS A INVITATION ....AND A CHALLENGE! I"D LIKE TO SHUT A LOT OF BIG MOUTHS UP HERE ONCE AND FOR ALL.

AND HEY BILLY....PUT LINKS UP TO THE OTHER RACES!

STRIKER....yeas...bud...its crazy....but on the other hand...SO IS MIKE........and his setup is SUPER on the hills man....IT HOOKS UP SUPER...and NO BOG....its a ROCKET like that.

10-27-2002, 05:44 AM
HERE BOYS.....I suppose he beat me here too! LMAO.

Right click on link below abd choose "Save Target As"

ONE SMOKED SHEE (http://files.joako.com/SmokinShee.mov)

Most of the races were like that....LMAO.....and I even popped up in the start of that one....LMAO

Leo
10-27-2002, 05:55 AM
HEY LEO....YOU LIVE NEAR ME....GIVE ME A CALL>>>>COME OVER>>>WE"LL ALL GO RIDING>>>>THEN WATCH HOW MANY OF YOUR SO CALLED LOYAL SUSCRIBERS STILL DOUBT AND MAKE SORRY EXCUSES>>>>ITS JUST SO FUNNY>>>>CAUSE THEY WEREN'T EVEN THERE>>>>>>>> LEO....THIS IS A INVITATION ....AND A CHALLENGE! I"D LIKE TO SHUT A LOT OF BIG MOUTHS UP HERE ONCE AND FOR ALL.

I'm ready!... Off to CT to visit the inlaws next weeekned :( but after that let's tear it up! I lost the PM with your phone number, shoot it to me again and I'll get in touch..

Leo

New-400ex_guy
10-27-2002, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Alky472
How "modded" was the banshee in the video....I know that I eat stock and piped Z's alive in the dunes...I raced 2 Z's, one stock, one piped with cut front fenders and extended a-arms, a raptor with like a 4 over swingarm silver fullbores, black frame, and elkas, and a CR250 bike last time I was there. I was about half a quad length ahead of the CR250, 3-4 ahead of the raptor, 6-7 ahead of the piped Z, and 9-10 ahead of the stocker....atleast thats what I was told by a group of people sitting there. We raced probably 325 feet, in the softest, driest, hardest to get hook up in sand imaginable. All of them but the bike got the jump off the line on me, and then the CR and I reeled everyone in and blew their doors off.

hehe alky i hope your shee smoked them all. i can bet that thing is very fast :D

i dont see how a stock z beat a modded shee, my stock z was almost neck and neck with a stock shee untill 5th. now i can beat a stock shee, but i dont think id have a chance against a piped shee. maybe for till 4th gear though. :D

250rmike
10-27-2002, 08:27 AM
man that banshee isnt even getting on the gas. trust me i have a 250r with a pipe and silecner, reeds and a filter and i have beat z's a banshee even slightly modded could kick the crap out of em. im not hating z's i accually like em there nice bikes and i would get one if i had the money(accualy if i had that kind of money i would have a c-dale) just stop coming on this board and trying to start crap. we dont mind if you come on and talk like everyone else but dont start talking about how z's are so fast and can beat pretty much the fastest bike still made.

VooDuu Child
10-27-2002, 11:06 AM
Hey 250r, I'm pretty sure that there is A LOT more Z bashing done here than ex/shee/raptor bashing done by us Z owners, so get off of your high horse. He's just rebuttling what's been said about his vids.

10-27-2002, 07:23 PM
Me and Alky472 know for a fact you want absolutely none of my shee :devil

Chef
10-27-2002, 07:38 PM
Me and Alky472 know for a fact you want absolutely none of my shee :devil

heh, I see you took the displacement and amount of cylinders out of your sig...what a trap...:p

New-400ex Guy: Did you go to florence during the summer? At any time? I think I might have raced you...with me on the shee. I remember racing a Z with the CT pipe, haulers, mohawks, and got sand? on it somewhere...wouldnt it be weird if we raced and didnt know it?

10-27-2002, 07:41 PM

heh, I see you took the displacement and amount of cylinders out of your sig...what a trap...:p

what do you mean by that :rolleyes: :devil

JustRace
10-27-2002, 07:58 PM
Heres the a picture from some of the video of me racing the 370shee. Its off of the little LCD screen so thats why it looks funny. My front wheels just came down and that was also basically the end of my lead :mad:

New-400ex_guy
10-27-2002, 09:10 PM

New-400ex Guy: Did you go to florence during the summer? At any time? I think I might have raced you...with me on the shee. I remember racing a Z with the CT pipe, haulers, mohawks, and got sand? on it somewhere...wouldnt it be weird if we raced and didnt know it?

wasnt me ive never been to florence, at least not yet. but i want to go, trust me i would of recognized your shee and i woulda smoked your ***.........if it was a race in reverse that is hehe :p , i dont race i dont really have alot of experience riding yet, this last summer is the time i started to ride ever and got my first bikes. besides im not dumb enough to race a modded shee and think id win lol.

Chef
10-27-2002, 09:16 PM
lol. They didnt inish that far behind, atleast not when they started 15 feet ahead and had a 1 second head start...hehe

10-28-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by kmoore46106
Your "R" or Z could not beat a shee with a Vitos 404 kit. The only way I can see that is the big *** tires he has on the bag weighing him down. THose are tires I had but they were to heavy and bogged them down. Tell your friend to buy som 20" Fast Trekkers and run them in the opposite recommended rotation. What kind of pipes does he have? Save up for some CPI's is all I can say.

Did I say I beat Mike's 404 with my R? I didn't think so! What I said WAS the truth though. I ran RIGHT with his BACK tires! My fronts were EVEN with the rears on his for MOST of the race...till we both LET OFF. That was with my 22's on.

What? TRUTH HURT?

Mike is pretty PROUD of his AWESOME Banshee and he should be...it's a SMOKING machine man. BUT...:D ....MIKE WILL ADMIT AND COMFIRM WHAT I JUST SAID ABOVE TOO! :macho

So smoke that in your pipe!

It's ok though...cause LEO is coming riding in 2 weeks with us all....he'll be happy to CONFIRM. :cool:

10-28-2002, 07:35 PM
that must seriously be a pos-setup on that shee, i know fo a fact my shee will kill any Z out there.

10-30-2002, 07:32 AM
that must seriously be a pos-setup on that shee, i know fo a fact my shee will kill any Z out there.

LOL....Dude...I assume your NOT talking about the 404 race...that 404 KILLED the Z400....But I did beat another 2001 Shee Multiple times on a Z. We tied once. I'm not saying that a Z would beat your Shee....but it DID beat a pretty nice GREAT running Shee....and Sean (the dude riding that Shee) IS a GREAT rider.

Next time we all go out....I will race Sean's Shee on the pavement....he should do better there. But we don't ride on pavement do we? :D

markeg192
10-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Wasn't there a video of a 300ex beating a shee on this website? Banshees are easy to get ahead of for a while since they wheelspin more than anything else. Race them again on a longer track and watch the shee leave your susucki way behind.
If the z is so good why how come these guys come on here and talk trash on everyone elses ride. Maybe that's all they can do.

2 QuicK
10-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Ok take the same rider and have him go down the same spots and time him on a Z, a 400Ex, and a Banshee, this is what u would find out. A Z is faster then a 400ex and a Banshee is faster then a Z. Assuming everything is stock. That's the bottom line.

10-30-2002, 01:50 PM
i dont have a wheelspin problem with 25" 12 paddles hualers :devil

Chef
10-30-2002, 05:46 PM
i dont have a wheelspin problem with 25" 12 paddles hualers :devil

You will spin them quite a bit I think...

I've been thinking about it, and the CBR900 Banshee had 12 paddle taller haulers and spun them pretty good. Whats that CBR motor make? 150-160 horsepower? You should be atleast that much but two stroke....You might want more paddles! :eek:

Chef
10-30-2002, 05:49 PM
Same quad in action

Rip_Tear
10-30-2002, 06:00 PM
I didnt even need to watch the video to be impressed..... Just watch the Heavily modded 300ex beat the banshee in our video section... :) The banshee will always pull away at the end:macho

10-30-2002, 06:36 PM
well, maybe i do need mo tire :D

11-04-2002, 02:52 PM
Update: Now that I have all of your imput...and time to cool down and think...at that place where we dragged Sean's setup was strongly handycapped...and we agreed that we will run more drags on different types of terrain.

We need to be where nobody has the advantage in traction resulting in one with so much tire spin. That would only be fair to Sean and his Shee.

I will post the results of the grass and hardpack drags.

WE'RE DRAGGING TOMORROW...AND WE WILL GET VIDEO.