PDA

View Full Version : Skids...

thisperishedmin
08-05-2007, 05:05 PM
What are you all running / whats your personal preference on skids?

im looking for a swingarm skid for my 400ex to protect the rotor / sprocket / chain some more than it is bare and exposed.

armadillo's look pretty good and reasonably priced, but i was also looking at pro armours... theyre both .250 i believe, but whats it really matter?

give me your opinions :D thanks guys.

honda300EXtreme
08-05-2007, 05:17 PM
personally i like pro-armor.. i have used alot of there products and they take a beaten' and hold up great...

i have had prm and they didnt last very long

and i used to have cobra skids and those things there are tuff as hell

thisperishedmin
08-05-2007, 10:50 PM
thanks...maybe ill just take the dive on the proarmor...

has anyone tried armadillo? if its good for how much cheaper it is it would be entirely worth it too...

Eviltanker
08-06-2007, 07:03 AM
I have Full ProArmor skids and really like how they are holding up. I would recomend them. On the other hand I have installed Armadillo swinger skids for customers and they have said that they are also a very good product. Either, or you will be fine with either one.

CrewCab
08-06-2007, 08:44 AM
I have Armadillo frame and swing skids and they have held up very good.

yfzrider45
08-06-2007, 02:12 PM
pro armors skids dont dent as much as others will....when going over rock walls i just slide ...pro armors the best so far

honda8&3
08-08-2007, 05:42 AM
Well I just ordered some skids myself. After hearing this conversation, I bought an armidillo frame skid plate and a PRM swingarm plate.:devil:

04TRX400EX
08-08-2007, 12:56 PM
I have three letters for you - P.R.M.

If you were to use the search function on the website for the topic you requested, you'd find multiple threads about the same thing. The point would be the same however - PRM is pretty much the best way to go for skidplates. I'm not saying that other brands aren't good as well, but there is a definite consensus that PRM skids hold up to whatever you throw at them.

fatkid400
08-10-2007, 03:22 PM
I have an AC racing swinger skid on my 450r and hate it! it hangs down to low and I drag everywhere...my next 1 will be pro armor.