PDA

View Full Version : What to do.....?

JRP
08-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Alright well heres my delima. As most of you know I race district 13 Motocross and I race the C class. Well my only competition is one kid, my bestfriend at the track, mike. Well its getting old only having 1 person to battle with, and now im beating him pretty good(ill explain in a moment). Im in 2nd place, about 50 points or so back from 1st, but since ive had so much bad luck with parts breaking, blowing up my motor, and missed races, theres no way i can catch back up if i win every race and he gets second. I mean like we will pull 20seconds + on the rest of the ppl. There has only been 1 race all year that ive had good compeition and that was a d7/13 race and that was against some guy, but it was only him. Ive raced 10times this season, and it takes 15 races to qualify for end of the year awards.... My question is, im fed up with C, and want to move to B. Seth Feltner, most ppl on this site and Brett Terrell said im ready for B, and i think I am too. It will get me faster and more experience. Next weekend stars the Grand Championship Series, so if I move up, it will be next weekend. So should ir ace 5 more races and qualify for awards, or should i go to B now?

Now with what i was saying above.... This weekend i raced at elizabeth city motocross in NC, and the first moto i pulled the holeshot, and stretched it out to about 300yds or so. I was a few straight aways from mike. On the 3rd lap, i was the only quad in my class hitting this table right before this sharp right hander, and when i landed i was going to fast into the corner, flipped n what not, and by the time i got bak on, i could only salvage a 4th out of 10(when i got up i was back in 9th, lol). So 2nd moto i pulled the holeshot again, stretched it out to about a straight strecth n a half and all of a sudden my throttle was sticking. It would randomly stick then let loose and go. On the last lap mike finally caught up, because of my throttle. We both hit this low to high table and we hit in the air, the impact of us hitting and landing bent my tierod completely, so i couldnt finish the race, so i got a DNF that race, but if it wasnt for problems, i would of done really well(1-1 easily).

So ya, what should i do? If i sound cocky, sorry, im really not. Thanks! :)

honda300EXtreme
08-05-2007, 04:41 PM
i think you outta just move straight to b class because it sounds like your not gonna get what you deserve for c class anyways.. so why wait any longer....

thats my opinion

JRP
08-05-2007, 04:48 PM
ya i feel you, plus i wont have to deal with the crazy kids on the starts:p lol. heres some pics too from this weekend(all from practice)....

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me1-7.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me2-6.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me3-7.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me4-6.jpg
The stupidest table i have ever hit. Its really long, but no lip so you have to hit it in 4th gear wide open to clear it....
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me5-6.jpg
Last one...
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me6-5.jpg

honda300EXtreme
08-05-2007, 05:01 PM
yea.. nice bike man... looks like a good time..

yea id definatly move to b class, it must get boaring with no real competition...

DVXracer
08-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by JRP
The stupidest table i have ever hit. Its really long, but no lip so you have to hit it in 4th gear wide open to clear it....
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me5-6.jpg

Theres like 4 tables like that at the track i race, theyre fun though.

I think you should move to the B class asap.

AtvMxRider
08-05-2007, 05:12 PM
hmmmmmm what to do what to do:ermm:

JRP
08-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by DVXracer
Theres like 4 tables like that at the track i race, theyre fun though.

I think you should move to the B class asap.

i mean i dont mind the tables, its just that id rather have to go 4th gear, but have a big lip on em. I love getting the big air more than length, lol.

AtvMxRider
08-05-2007, 05:20 PM
The question you need tio ask yourself Are you racing for points or fun? If for points then stay in c until you have it secured then move up. If for fun then just move up now

400ex28
08-05-2007, 05:20 PM
step up.

JRP
08-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
The question you need tio ask yourself Are you racing for points or fun? If for points then stay in c until you have it secured then move up. If for fun then just move up now

im racing to get fast and eventually be in the pro class. I know if i win the C class, it wont make me any faster. I was thinking if i race the last 7 or 8 races in B, i could get alot faster and i could take that into the Winter and get even faster....

wvspeedfreak
08-05-2007, 05:24 PM

I agree.If you really feel there is noboby to race against where you are now you will have more fun plus progress more as a rider by moving up.That's just my opinion though.

AtvMxRider
08-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by JRP
[B]im racing to get fast and eventually be in the pro class. /B]

Then there is your answer right there. Move up. Race the rest of the year in B then move up to A next year:devil:

MX MaNiAc 06
08-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Jump into B class. They will push u much harder. You wont be able to win as much, but u will be with much faster ppl.

Dupontster
08-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Come race D7:devil: Theres plenty of competition:devil:

JRP
08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Come race D7:devil: Theres plenty of competition:devil:

ill be waitin for ya chris on the track when you get back ;) Hopefully see you at garys soon too.

Dupontster
08-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Ill be at garys ALOT this winter. Im hoping to make the first race at Budds next year.

AtvMxRider
08-05-2007, 05:50 PM
When is the next ride at Gary's?

honda4life72
08-05-2007, 05:53 PM
i think u wreck to much lol , every time i read sumthing on here from u it has some part in it about wrecking or blowing sumthing up lol :eek2:

JRP
08-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
i think u wreck to much lol , every time i read sumthing on here from u it has some part in it about wrecking or blowing sumthing up lol :eek2:

goes with the whole going fast thing;) :p hahahah jk. At the beginning of the season, when i was getting 3rds n 4th, i never crashed. But when you do get up to speed, things happen, but most of my wrecks have been becasue of goons in C class....

jerry: im not to sure when the next ride is, deff PM him, he said its overgrown right now.

chris: awsome man, i hope to come out there alot and practice. I found some other tracks around here too to practice, so this winter shoul dbe awsome!

TWISTED
08-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Finish out the season in C. See if you can win the points. If you move to B you aren't going to gain anything this late in the season. Practice here this winter with the faster guys that ride here, and move up next year and you'll stand a better chance..... I think it really helped Chris by racing the whole season in C, and practicing with some A guys in the off season. if he hadn't got hurt, I'd have bet everything have, he would have won the points this year....

AtvMxRider
08-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Finish out the season in C. See if you can win the points. If you move to B you aren't going to gain anything this late in the season. Practice here this winter with the faster guys that ride here, and move up next year and you'll stand a better chance..... I think it really helped Chris by racing the whole season in C, and practicing with some A guys in the off season. if he hadn't got hurt, I'd have bet everything have, he would have won the points this year....

Good advice right there

D-7#61-450r
08-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Not to bash you JRP but it almost sounds like you have a little of the c class issues in your ridding as well. When you have a lead like you say you had you should be riding smart. Also you learn how to avoid the issues you are having with the other riders at a slightly slower pace. From what you have posted you look fast and I see you like to jump which makes you faster than alot of beginers in the C class. Like Chris stated if you really want competition you should have come to the D7 tmx race this weekend. Or be at Budds next weekend and battle with a few more guys that are your speed before you move up. The one thing I do know is if you want to get faster ride with faster riders, so the choice is really up to you.

JRP
08-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
Not to bash you JRP but it almost sounds like you have a little of the c class issues in your ridding as well. When you have a lead like you say you had you should be riding smart. Also you learn how to avoid the issues you are having with the other riders at a slightly slower pace. From what you have posted you look fast and I see you like to jump which makes you faster than alot of beginers in the C class. Like Chris stated if you really want competition you should have come to the D7 tmx race this weekend. Or be at Budds next weekend and battle with a few more guys that are your speed before you move up. The one thing I do know is if you want to get faster ride with faster riders, so the choice is really up to you.

ya i know what you meen terry. I just came a little to fast into the corner and couldnt hold onto it, but yea you are right. And i understand where you are comming from too gary, but idk, I just feel like B class is where I will get faster, not staying in C. If mike moves up to B, say next weekend, and I stay in C, i will be riding by myself unless some random fast guy comes in and races. All of my other friends that I race with say that me and mike are sandbaggers, but idk..... Its a hard decision forsure.

One more thing i forgot to say. everyone tells me to go run with d7 guys, ive run with them 2 times this year, and I havent seen one guy that was fast in C class. Not to sound liek a duesche, lol, but the last time i checked out d7( a few weeks ago at VMP) there wasnt much of competition in d7(in C class). Now the rest of d7(b,A) REAL fast, but C class didnt shock me or anything, seemed just as quick as our riders...:confused: Maybe there is a bigger turnout, but thats it. Maybe im just taking it the wrong way about how you guys say "come race with d7, theres some competition." not trying to start anything either. :p thanks

Ghost-Rider
08-05-2007, 08:30 PM
If your bored with c, move up.

firefighterjosh
08-05-2007, 10:36 PM
IMO its stupid to move up.

Its a mind game. Even if your not racing others race your self. get in the lead. And tell your self "smooth and steady" Try not to have any problems/wrecks.

Only thing B is going to do is make you ride harder and even more above your head and make you wreck more. If you cant race C without wrecking when your in first then how in the heck are you gunna get better in the B class?

IMO until you win the C class Championship you should not move up. No excuses.

Sorry I am not trying to basd but no one cares if you look fastm or are fast or are bored. People see results. If you took 4th then thats what ppl see. They did not see you wining 3/4 or the race.

Finish C this year, train hard, work on your quads and kcik some C *** next year. When you wrap up teh C class next year move to B for the remander of the season.;)

mine
08-05-2007, 10:49 PM
finish the year in c, train like rocky over the winter and pwn the b-class next year, come back a year from now and ask if its time to move up to A:cool:

seriously, knowing how much you ride and train, i would say your ready for b anytime you want, its just up to you to make the decision.2 is not a winner and 3 nobody remembers.

idk about quads but on 2 wheels the c-class is also known as the kamikaze class.

#88yfz
08-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Go to budds next weekend and run b class, no need to waste your time in c class anymore.At least you will know were you stand and what you need to do this winter as far as training.

D-7#61-450r
08-06-2007, 06:46 AM
#88yfz Go to budds next weekend and run b class, no need to waste your time in c class anymore.At least you will know were you stand and what you need to do this winter as far as training.
Well said. It sounds like you already have your mind made up anyway. Next weekend budds in the B class. No excuses!!:devil:

quaddad#123
08-06-2007, 06:58 AM
You should come to budds creek this weekend, you did run good at vmp against D7 now give it a try at Budds or some other D7 races. You and Michael Rakes are both very fast, D7 just has alot more C riders. We just have so many guys that have won races this year and the points are so tight. we almost always have 2 gates. My son Matt has ran 3 out of 14 D13 races and is in 8th in D13 points, and like only 4th in D7 points. I think it is good for both districts when they race together.

Dupontster
08-06-2007, 07:55 AM
What you need is more experience actually racing with someone who is faster and will push you

JRP
08-06-2007, 08:35 AM
What you need is more experience actually racing with someone who is faster and will push you

agreed and thats why B class is looking oh so good, lol. Next weekend is iffy. We are going to Rolling Hills for the first round of the Grand Championship Series, and if we come back saturdaynight, i will see if we can go sunday to budds! It would be awsome if we could. I appreciate everyone responding to this thread!

cr977
08-06-2007, 09:04 AM
i dont know about you but i race mainly because my regular riding buddies are not all that competitive and i love competition more than anything, i would move up if i where you

dopeyferree
08-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Jordan, If there is any chance you can finish 1 or 2 in the C class championship for this year then you should stay in C. I know riding B will be faster but you should shoot for a decent finish of the year. It also looks alot better when applying for sponsorship if you have a 1st or 2nd C Class Overall Finish rather than a few C races here then a few B races. Stick to your C class and shoot for a Championship. A District/ State Championship is something great to have on any race resume and on your wall at home.

TWISTED
08-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by dopeyferree
Jordan, If there is any chance you can finish 1 or 2 in the C class championship for this year then you should stay in C. I know riding B will be faster but you should shoot for a decent finish of the year. It also looks alot better when applying for sponsorship if you have a 1st or 2nd C Class Overall Finish rather than a few C races here then a few B races. Stick to your C class and shoot for a Championship. A District/ State Championship is something great to have on any race resume and on your wall at home.

That's what I'm talking about..... Well said...

mx428
08-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by mine

idk about quads but on 2 wheels the c-class is also known as the kamikaze class. If you get a bad start in C just take the DNF, it's MUCH safer. If you get the holeshot though it's not bad at all. Theres alot of people in C who should be in B, and also alot of people in B that should be in C.

Dupontster
08-06-2007, 02:00 PM
I agree with you that C is dangerous. But it will help you ride smarter by having to avoid the dumber riders.lol

JRP
08-06-2007, 05:16 PM
well how about this. How about i stay in C for 4 more races to completely wrap up so i can qualify and keep 2nd place? Then move up to B for the remainder of the season?

honda_524
08-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Just move up. You aren't gunna get any faster staying in B class.

AtvMxRider
08-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by JRP
well how about this. How about i stay in C for 4 more races to completely wrap up so i can qualify and keep 2nd place? Then move up to B for the remainder of the season?

Didn't I already say that:ermm:

JRP
08-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Didn't I already say that:ermm:

lol ya, its just it finally got in my head that thats what i should do. haha my bad jerry

firefighterjosh
08-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Guess I am the lone ranger that says do not move up.

If you can not win the C class Championship then I dont think you should move up.

You seem to be a talented rider, but from what I read you lack some smoother riding, and maybe some mechnical up keep.

I do not know I havent ever seen you ride personally, but I think you should focus more on riding smoothly, and then completly waste the C class.

You seem to really really want to move up, so I would do this. Tell your self If I can race the rest of the season without any crashes, mechnical issues (which all happen, some cant be avoided) and win 1st the rest of the season. Then I will train hard all winter and race B.

If you have some issues the rest of the season, then I would stick with C class next year, work out all the details of racing, ride a smooth but fast season next year. Win your C class next year and then move up.

JRP
08-06-2007, 08:18 PM
ya we will see. i just got off the phone, and mike is really thinking about moving up this weekend... he said he will call me up this week and let me know what hes doing. If he moves up, then it will take me 2 races to take over 1st place. So hopefully he iwll move up. I know this winter i will be riding alot because ive met ppl this year with practice tracks, so it should be awsome.

Water Boy
08-07-2007, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Guess I am the lone ranger that says do not move up.

If you can not win the C class Championship then I dont think you should move up.

You seem to be a talented rider, but from what I read you lack some smoother riding, and maybe some mechnical up keep.

I do not know I havent ever seen you ride personally, but I think you should focus more on riding smoothly, and then completly waste the C class.

You seem to really really want to move up, so I would do this. Tell your self If I can race the rest of the season without any crashes, mechnical issues (which all happen, some cant be avoided) and win 1st the rest of the season. Then I will train hard all winter and race B.

If you have some issues the rest of the season, then I would stick with C class next year, work out all the details of racing, ride a smooth but fast season next year. Win your C class next year and then move up.

Now that right there is the best response to date....I said all along: win 1 class before you move up or at least run up front every week or be consistant. "You seem to be a talented rider, but from what I read you lack some smoother riding, and maybe some mechnical up keep." <----well said

JRP
08-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Water Boy
Now that right there is the best response to date....I said all along: win 1 class before you move up or at least run up front every week or be consistant. "You seem to be a talented rider, but from what I read you lack some smoother riding, and maybe some mechnical up keep." <----well said

Well the main reason im not winning my class is because ive missed to many races. Mike has raced 3 more than me this season, when i blew up my motor i was out for a few weeks then i was on vacation with my parents. and each of the races hes gotten 1st. If i was there, there could of been a chance that i would of gotten 1st all those times, and he wouldnt of, but ill never know. With the mechanical up keep, not quite to sure where your goin with that? Only mechanical thing that has happen is my motor blew up, but who has a 05 450r and races it every weekend, and has had it for 3yrs and hasnt blown the crank? lmao I mean i do all the regular stuff, change my oils, filters, all the normal stuff i do on a regular basis.

Sjorge450R
08-07-2007, 08:37 AM
You gotta do what you think is right. Dont listen to others. At the end of the year last year when I was the air cooled class i was told that i had accumulated enough points to move to A class (highest D-6 offers for XC not sure about MX) so i said nah when i first answered. Then i spent awhile thinking about the chance i had, because moving to A is a invite only type of thing. You have to get enough points in a year of riding to get up there. What did i do? Went out and bought my R... Started racing. First race I was 5th overall and 4th in A. I am now in 5th place in the points and all i can say is that i have NO REGRETS of moving up.

not to sound like a dck. No one on here really cares what class you are racing. Its you that cares and you are the one that has to race it.

bwamos
08-07-2007, 08:59 AM
I am thinking contrary to many.

I am thinking stay C.

Why?
Get some more wins under your belt to increase chances of getting some sponsors for next season to help with making repairs a little bit cheaper. ;)

#88yfz
08-07-2007, 10:22 AM
d7 #61 had a 04 450r that was raced and practiced from o4 to 07 before a break down it started in c class and ran right into A class

JRP
08-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by #88yfz
d7 #61 had a 04 450r that was raced and practiced from o4 to 07 before a break down it started in c class and ran right into A class

damn thats crazy. good luck forsure.

#88yfz
08-12-2007, 07:39 PM
How did you do this weekend at rolling hills?

D-7#61-450r
08-12-2007, 08:43 PM
I heard there was another large turnout at Budds this weekend to check your skills.

JRP
08-12-2007, 09:44 PM
ya i herd budds was good. i know gustav won C class, idk about B or A. Rolling Hills was no good. Mike blew up his quad 1st practice so it was just me, the motley brothers, and dustin motley(not related to the other motleys, lol weird i know.) They are all real fast. I was in 3rd on the last lap, i was right on 2nd place. Theres this off cambered corner which is the inside line, then there is an outside line that is flat. Well the guy in 4th was right on me(it was like a train out there, everyone was on everyone) and he went outside, and i went inside, as soon as he went outside he dodged inside, hit my front end, flipped me, and i got knocked out from hitting the ground and my sternum is now messed up and i have pulminary contusions, aka bruised lungs. I finished the moto in 2nd to last. 2nd moto i couldnt breath so i crusied around and still didnt get last. I think i got 6th overall out of 8, so at least i got some points on mike... Overall it was a sucky weekend, but ill be at south fork next week.

Dupontster
08-13-2007, 04:50 AM
I heard there was another large turnout at Budds this weekend to check your skills.

Pop here...Had 27 "C" riders....Eric won Div 1 and Arron Stewart won Div 2...Keith won "B" and JT won "A"...Had 9 riders in "B and 9 in "A"....Had 14 total in the 2 vet classes.....27 "C" RIDERS...YA HERE ME, 27....:D
PS: Nick had a good 2nd moto....Finished 2nd...

JRP
08-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Pop here...Had 27 "C" riders....Eric won Div 1 and Arron Stewart won Div 2...Keith won "B" and JT won "A"...Had 9 riders in "B and 9 in "A"....Had 14 total in the 2 vet classes.....27 "C" RIDERS...YA HERE ME, 27....:D
PS: Nick had a good 2nd moto....Finished 2nd...

is nick 101?

Dupontster
08-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by JRP
is nick 101?

Shupe 133

JRP
08-13-2007, 09:10 AM
oh alright, ya i know nick shupe, i thought you were talking about that nick kid on that white ltr, my bad. Chris said you gusy might be comming to south fork this weekend? I hear some d7 riders are commin, atleast im pretty sure eric, aaron, and matt are comming.

Dupontster
08-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Actually I forgot about E-town wpsa. We'll hopefully go there!

JRP
08-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Actually I forgot about E-town wpsa. We'll hopefully go there!

Oh awsome! I was really hoping to go there, but i dont get paid this week, so a 6-7hr drive is out of the question. I got enough money for an hour drive though! hahaha.

D-7#61-450r
08-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Ah yes englishtown! Danny and Garry are running there this weekend.
JRP sounds like you got another learning experience in C class this weekend. At least your up and walking/ridding after the crash. Good luck in Suckfork this weekend.

JRP
08-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Ah yes englishtown! Danny and Garry are running there this weekend.
JRP sounds like you got another learning experience in C class this weekend. At least your up and walking/ridding after the crash. Good luck in Suckfork this weekend.

thanks terry, ya i did have yet another learning experience in C class, one more reason to move to B. Thanks for the good luck, and eh southfork aint to bad... I dont think its a nice track, but i dont mind it.