PDA

View Full Version : pulled engine apart and....

ESR250R
08-04-2007, 05:41 PM
i pulled my engine apart on my 250r over the weekend and found that something had got between the piston and head. so im looking at a new piston, rings , head, but the question remains with the bottom end. it looks like some metal shavings worked there way into the bottom end. should i just flush it out or remove the whole motor and split the cases? how do i tell what cc my dome was on my head? the cylinder/head was modified from lrd back in 03 and i'd like to get a cool head this time but get the same setup. this setup was built in early 03 and ran in alot of races/practice till it lost compression early this year. i'll try to get some pictures up tomarrow.

TANNER250r
08-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Check your spark plug tip it happen to me.:D

Aceman
08-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Tear your motor down completely, it's not worth the risk of grenading your engine a second time. Something about metal shavings, crank bearings, and high rpms just makes me shudder thinking about it.

honda300EXtreme
08-04-2007, 07:42 PM
yea i agree with Aceman.. when it comes to metal shavings you cant be too safe.. i would definatly tear it completly apart.. and it will give you a chance to cheack all the crank bearings and everything else...

zedicus00
08-05-2007, 02:30 PM
if yur on a tite time line you can fill the bottom end with premix gas/oil and crank it a bunch and flush it. SEVERAL times.... then keep a close eye on it all for a while. ive done this and had it work out fine but if you have the time definatly split the cases and clean er up right.

04blasterkid
08-05-2007, 05:41 PM
flush it with kerosean (spelling?) metal floats in it, do it 2-3 times then maybe compressed air if anything is left, it will also help dry the stuff in there

i did this to mine when it melted rings and whole in the piston