PDA

View Full Version : A-arm ball joints

Scott-300ex
08-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Well I was riding the other day and on our break my buddy noticed my lower ball joints the rubber bushing was cracked on both sides so it obviously won't hold grease.

Should I get new ones? You don't grease that part on any other quads anyway.

And my buddy who knows 250r's like the back of his hand said I have to get all new a-arms cuz they're connected. Is this true?

86 Quad R
08-04-2007, 09:18 PM
remove the rubber covers and check the ball joints for slack. if they are ok then go to your local auto parts and get the replacement rubbers for tie ends. if the ball joints are slack then you will have to replace the a-arm.

another option is to mod the OEM for auto tie ends.

chris46250r
08-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Well I was riding the other day and on our break my buddy noticed my lower ball joints the rubber bushing was cracked on both sides so it obviously won't hold grease.

Should I get new ones? You don't grease that part on any other quads anyway.

And my buddy who knows 250r's like the back of his hand said I have to get all new a-arms cuz they're connected. Is this true?

Thats why you dont have to grease it, because of the boot holding IN the grease and OUT the water and dirt.

redrooster310r
08-05-2007, 05:50 AM
vw ball joint boots work

Scott-300ex
08-06-2007, 05:39 PM
But aren't the boots kinda pressed in there, like held in on the top and bottom?

So lift front end up and wiggle from top to bottom and if no wiggle, then fill around with grease and put new boots on?