PDA

View Full Version : Live - from the EDT Nationals at OMAR!

86atc250r
08-04-2007, 11:42 AM
We're going to try a live stream from the announcer - we're on dial-up out here, bear with us --- it should work well as long as my modem stays connected!
http://www.ozarksatvraceway.com/silverlake/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1927#1927

need4speed
08-04-2007, 02:12 PM
The broadcast is awsome to listen to. When are the pro heats?

86atc250r
08-04-2007, 11:49 PM
I think the broadcast well well considering what we had to work with.

Sorry I couldn't get back with you on your question, I was using all my dial-up connection at the track had to offer to push the stream out.

Hope all that tuned in enjoyed it!

sandmanfl
08-05-2007, 10:37 AM
To 86ATC250r Great Job to all. I live in Florida and my grandson races out of New York so I only get to see a couple of races so being able to hear this race was awsome.Using a dial up to do your broadcast was a great idea i didn't think you could stream audio that well with it. Thanks for all your hard work.

86atc250r
08-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks for tuning in!

I had my doubts I could do it over dial-up, but I ran some pre-tests and it seemed to work OK as long as the connection was stable.

Special thanks to my buddy who's a local ISP (Tri-Lakes Net) for getting me some good dial-up numbers to work with.

We had one problem at the beginning of the mains - the announcers apparently were tinkering with the knobs on the mixer board and cranked up the gain on my feed, which over-drove the input and caused a bunch of nasty static. I was able to find and fix it by race three or so though.

We'll do it again next year and hopefully it will be even better & I can give everyone a little more notice!

rustee
08-07-2007, 07:30 PM
86atc250r

very well done!!!!!!!! too bad we cant do this for all the races. it was a really cool thing you did and my dad was one of those fans that were tuned in to you. we heard the annocers at the track they were haveing way to much fun. funny thing happend while they were talking, as neil says a race brooke out. if i can help in the future please let me know i am a IT guy for my work as well and have extensive knowlage on this stuff.. rustee............

86atc250r
08-07-2007, 09:02 PM
It's great to hear that people were tuning in and listening. Makes the effort worth it.

We'll do it again next year and it should be even better. It almost didn't happen this year because the folks prepping the facility just ran out of time to get me a couple of the things I needed but I was able to improvise.

C-LEIGH RACING
08-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by sandmanfl
To 86ATC250r Great Job to all. I live in Florida and my grandson races out of New York so I only get to see a couple of races so being able to hear this race was awsome.Using a dial up to do your broadcast was a great idea i didn't think you could stream audio that well with it. Thanks for all your hard work.

Which one of the NY boys is your grandson.

Rustee, what you doing about the R engine, ???
Neil

C-LEIGH RACING
08-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
We're going to try a live stream from the announcer - we're on dial-up out here, bear with us --- it should work well as long as my modem stays connected!
http://www.ozarksatvraceway.com/silverlake/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1927#1927

Gabe, that was a fine job man, I've heard lots of people just raving about how nice it was to listen into the race. :D :D
Neil

sandmanfl
08-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Neil my grandson Is eddie you helped him with his yellow 2 stroke.I havent heard from him about the r but I know he wasn't a happy camper . My son speaks highly of you, I will be able to make Dixiland with them hope to see you there.

C-LEIGH RACING
08-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Well, I just try to do my part trying to keep the ol 250Rs alive.

When you get to E city I wont be hard to find, just follow your nose to the 55 gallon gas cooker where a bunch of folks are hanging around, I'll be in the bunch somewhere. Every race we attend we have a big cook out, just ask Ed. Probable be around 50 eating at E city.
Neil

rustee
08-11-2007, 08:40 AM
hello neil
we are throwing in the towell on that motor and the open class for the rest of this season. i am getting tired of just throwing pistons in it with out knowing what is wrong every thing in this motor is new and should not be blowing up this easey. my son is tired of breaking down on the track for every one to see. so we are going to just run our other 2 classes with the 4 stroke. thanks for asking !!!. i will stop bye at dixie land and introduce my dad he is comeing up from florida to watch the race. rustee.....

300exQuadracer
08-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by rustee
hello neil
we are throwing in the towell on that motor and the open class for the rest of this season.

i know someone who sold his 2 stroker last year and wouldnt mind takin that bike off your hands rustee ;)

rustee
08-14-2007, 08:11 PM
hello jake if this person is really interested give me a pm you have seen the bike it is extremleey fast but i am haveing issuses with it. i just rebuilt it again but do not plan to race it again. good to see you again are you going to dixe land if so will see you there. rustee...............

schl48
05-31-2008, 11:02 AM
are we getting a live connection? probably not to much work. would love it again.

86atc250r
06-01-2008, 12:45 PM
It was planned and I would have loved to, but one link in the chain failed unexpectedly and killed my internet access

See my post on the omar website for more info
http://www.ozarksatvraceway.com/silverlake/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2206#2206