PDA

View Full Version : Washing Quad at the Track?

Lethalhonda2
08-03-2007, 08:14 PM
I've been wanting to do this for awhile.I have the pressure washer, but what is everyone using for a water tank? I was looking at the blue 55 gallon drums but I dont think it will fit in the back of my truck with the bed cover on.Plus the weight factor is more than I want to haul around too.I know they make a smaller drum that is 30 gallon which would fit perfect but I'm not sure if it will hold enough water and where to get one.

CannondaleRider
08-03-2007, 08:32 PM
We all use 55 gallon drums such as what your talking about. They are a bit bulky, but we all have full size trucks with plenty of room, so it's not a big deal.

Depending on the type of mud, and the quantity, a 30 gallon would do decent for say a practice wash, and a moto 1 wash, maybe even more.

But, if it's a real nasty XC race, that won't do much......Example; Monticello, Utah last year, completely nasty craphole.....a 55 gallon drum would BARELY clean two bikes even somewhat decently. So many water runs in the Rhino had to be made.

JJs450r
08-03-2007, 10:00 PM
i have a 65 gallon resivor tank i use when we race only thing is hauling the load and hoping the track has a water supply to fill up but other then tht it pays off

sunco
08-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Tractor Supply store. Any landscape supplier. Check out tractors website & I think less than $100 will get you what you need

Warnerade
08-05-2007, 07:27 AM
these babies are the only way to go.

http://home.earthlink.net/~suzaplants/suzaimages/watertank5.jpg