PDA

View Full Version : ASV Lever, how to put cable in!!!

400eXr1d3rZ
08-03-2007, 08:07 PM
I already have the cable through the gold adjuster peice, but I don't know where to put the end of the cable! Anyone? I've never been this confused before!

400eXr1d3rZ
08-03-2007, 08:17 PM
BUMP!

tar
08-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I am pretty sure it's just like the stock one but I don't remember.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by tar
I am pretty sure it's just like the stock one but I don't remember.

Alright, I got the cable in correctly, but I have no clue on how to adjust this damn thing! I have the brass little adjuster thing screwed all the way in, and it's still loose and not working.

TheNewn
08-03-2007, 10:10 PM
...If i know what you're talking about, you adjsut the gold 'thing' out to tighten up the cable...and if its still too loose, you also have adjustment at the other end of teh cable do you not?

400eXr1d3rZ
08-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by TheNewn
...If i know what you're talking about, you adjsut the gold 'thing' out to tighten up the cable...and if its still too loose, you also have adjustment at the other end of teh cable do you not?

I was never taught nor asked how to adjust a clutch cable, I never thought I would need too, well look where I am now:p ... Thank you for your help.

tar
08-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Yea out on the gold thing tightens the slack and if that's not good enough there is the adjustment on the motor. Remember to leave enough play in the cable so that you can stick a quarter in between the lever and perch.

08-04-2007, 10:44 PM
anyone know how to take off that clunky box attached to your clutch haha. I took off the parking brake but there is still the box that has the parking brake switch.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
anyone know how to take off that clunky box attached to your clutch haha. I took off the parking brake but there is still the box that has the parking brake switch.

You need a new perch and lever, once you have that then you pull the green and yellow wires out, clip then and get to the actual wires. the copper part, and splice them together, or else the only way you'll be able to start you quad is in neutral.

08-04-2007, 10:47 PM
not sure I understand but i'll look into it

400exrapes
08-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
You need a new perch and lever, once you have that then you pull the green and yellow wires out, clip then and get to the actual wires. the copper part, and splice them together, or else the only way you'll be able to start you quad is in neutral.

I had the same problem and when i registered on this site after only like my first 5 posts i did excactly what 400exriderz said and i start my quad with the clutch in and not in neutral, that was a pain. i was talking to a neighbor who was pissed and then i was like well im gonna go now click click click click it wouldnt go into neutral and after like 5 mintues i did just do the copper thing its definatley going to work i have asv levers as well