PDA

View Full Version : stroker kits

03warriorrider
08-03-2007, 05:57 PM
well it sounds like i have a bearing going in my motor so i was thinking about the hot rods 396 stroker kit from motosport. is there anything i should also look into while im in there like valves/ valve springs? i was thinking about a hotcams stage 2 cam as well.

has anybody used this kit before or suggest any other kits?

dave76
08-05-2007, 09:03 AM
The Hotrods Stroker crank and CP piston is a good kit. As far as cams, go with a better one then hotcams, all they are is longer duration
but lift never goes above .395, for this motor a Web .430 and kibblewhite valve springs would work a lot better. This kit will almost double your horsepower. Of course FST makes the 446 kit, by there service is horrible and you won't get your motor back for about 2 months. CWR makes the 460 stroker and if I were to do it again I would of gone with him, he's easily acssesable and won't take forever to get your motor back, plus he uses a shorter stroke and bigger bore then FST so the motor will rev rev higher. These two kits will get your HP in the mid 40s, and cost a little more.

JasonP
08-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by 03warriorrider
well it sounds like i have a bearing going in my motor so i was thinking about the hot rods 396 stroker kit from motosport. is there anything i should also look into while im in there like valves/ valve springs? i was thinking about a hotcams stage 2 cam as well.

has anybody used this kit before or suggest any other kits?

I going to go with dave on this one, great info as always. The stroker kit from hot rods is great for just a drop in kit. All you have to do is have the sleeve bored out and your good to go.
As far as the Hotcams cam well both Megacycle and Web make better performing grinds then anything HC makes. I would recomend the Megacycle race cam for the stroker engine. You'll have to get vavle springs when using these manufactures but that should tell you something right there that these cams are better performing.
If I was ever to stroke a warrior engine I would for sure go with CWR. Great customer service and awesome product.

03warriorrider
08-05-2007, 07:11 PM
thanks guys. great information :)