PDA

View Full Version : No Spark.....

Sjorge450R
08-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Friend of mine gave me his old blaster to work on. He said he was draining the carb while the quad was running and then it just shut off and wouldnt start again. I put a different plug on the spark plug cap and i cant get a spark to shine. Its clearly something eletrical. Does the TPS cause problems like this? Also he had someone disconnect the key so it was always on. Is that just those 2 wires under the hood? There is a black and white stripper and a black wire plugged into each other. I guess those are the ones that went to the key. Any other suggestions? I really didnt go hardcore into workin gon it yet. Just figured someone on here might have an idea. First this is to check the grounds since im not getting spark...

Xater
08-03-2007, 05:07 PM
well the wires that go to the key dont need to be attached to each other to run. i dont know if thats the problem sence it ran before. you could test the coil with an ohm meter also to see if current flows. it could be something with the tors unit. i have a wiring diagram if you needed one to look at....

Sjorge450R
08-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Xater
well the wires that go to the key dont need to be attached to each other to run. i dont know if thats the problem sence it ran before. you could test the coil with an ohm meter also to see if current flows. it could be something with the tors unit. i have a wiring diagram if you needed one to look at....
yes please!!! send me that diagram..

SJorge_3442@hotmail.com

so yo umean that black wire and taht one black and white wire dont need to be attached at all? I pulled the carb off. It was gunky as hell i gotta go get a new main jet tomorrow. If this stuff doesnt work i will study that diagram nice and hard....lol

honda450rider33
08-03-2007, 11:57 PM
how did you check for spark did you use a spark tester, touch it to a bare spot on the frame, motor, etc to check the spark you should see a blue arch

Sjorge450R
08-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by honda450rider33
how did you check for spark did you use a spark tester, touch it to a bare spot on the frame, motor, etc to check the spark you should see a blue arch

yea i tried touching it to the frame. I know how motors work and i work on alot of peoples stuff. this is just the first time im messing with a blaster.

honda450rider33
08-04-2007, 11:48 AM
the other thing you can check is on the clutch there is the stock parking brake and there is a wire that runs to the harness and is what it does is when the parking brake is engaged it will not let it run/barley run mine malfuctioned and all i did was un plug it and it ran fine. other than that check your coil, fly wheel key, tors, cdi

honda450rider33
08-04-2007, 11:50 AM
go to this site and click on blaster and at the top of the page there is a blaster service manual

http://s7.invisionfree.com/Sport_ATV_Central/

Sjorge450R
08-04-2007, 03:10 PM
okay i got it running. all the jets where clogged with old oil and i couldnt even see through them so i went and got new ones. Now im having a problem with the float not working. Gas is pouring out the overflow. I dont know whats up with this. I took the carb apart like 5 times and its still doing this. When i take the carb off, the float seems to be functioning properly. Maybe the floats are shot?

blasterandy
08-04-2007, 07:49 PM
buy a new carb... there cheap and it will eliminate the problem. :D jk
but that is an option they arnt that expensive on ebay. i would try soaking the float bowl in some gas that usually loosens things up. just do it in a well vent area i.e. garage not outside u don't want the gas to evap. once thats done just throw'r back on and see how it works. check all the gas hoses make sure they arnt cracked or broken. My blaster's did that and for a while i thought it was the over flow 2. You can buy more tubing if thats the case.

Sjorge450R
08-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by blasterandy
buy a new carb... there cheap and it will eliminate the problem. :D jk
but that is an option they arnt that expensive on ebay. i would try soaking the float bowl in some gas that usually loosens things up. just do it in a well vent area i.e. garage not outside u don't want the gas to evap. once thats done just throw'r back on and see how it works. check all the gas hoses make sure they arnt cracked or broken. My blaster's did that and for a while i thought it was the over flow 2. You can buy more tubing if thats the case.

i took the ENTIRE Thing apart and re assembled and now it works

AtvMxRider
08-04-2007, 08:36 PM
The float could have a hole in it.

Sjorge450R
08-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
The float could have a hole in it.

you know i thought about that. Then i took the slide off and put the fuel line on and turned on the gas and then nothing came out, but as soon as the slide went in, it would pour out. So i disassembyled the entire slide and then put it back together NOw it works.

Just for the record. I would never trade my 300 for a blaster. lol

blasterandy
08-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Yea, i like my blaster more now that i don't own it :D