PDA

View Full Version : Circlips in piston?

riding4fun
08-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Can anybody give me an easy way to put the circlips back in. I must be a moron because for the life of me I can't get it.

riding4fun
08-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Disregard, It wasn't easy but I did it.

riding4fun
08-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Oops,

When they say to have a nice torque wrench on hand, Do as they say. My torque wrench is umpteen years old and snapped the head stud. O well, I hope I can find one in town tomorrow.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any.

hotquads1
08-02-2007, 08:18 PM
hang in there Darrell , your gonna finish that thing and be so proud!
marc

riding4fun
08-03-2007, 11:22 AM
I may not be able to find the exact bolt, but would the same thread pattern work if it's threaded all the way.

Nichols Atvs
08-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Dont see why not. I use a smaller rachet when i tighten the nuts down just so as to not put to much pressure on the nut.

drr5
08-03-2007, 02:00 PM
are you taliking about all thread? it may work in a pinch but i would definetly get the correct head bolt to replace it they are not the same hardness grade as the origanal head bolt.

riding4fun
08-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Yes, I was referring to allthread. But I didn't need to go that route. I found the right ones.

And best of all, I got it back together and it is purring like a kitten. I am doing a modified break in. Don't have time to do full break in.

Thanks to everybody that has been putting up with all my questions. I did it.
There's no stopping me now.

I also switched to pre mix. I understand it will affect jetting but which way. Will it be richer or leaner. Or do I just do a plug check? I know I know another question.

Darrell

Nichols Atvs
08-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Well make a (micinic) out of you after all. I found it to be richer but may not be the case always . are you running it 32:1 premixed Im jetting the 70 as we speak but it just started raining so im done that for today always tomorrow.

bulldogfallon
08-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Congratulations!!! the 1st time is always a little interesting :)

I have the cylinder studs OH if you need them...You stripped the studs or the bolt?

Also--If you have a compression tester you may want to get a reading so you know what a fresh rebuild reads....This way you can monitor it to see when she will be ready for another make over

riding4fun
08-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Thanks Gary, I couldn't of done it without you.

I did, it had a cold reading of approx 120-125. We had a quick brake in then we hit a quad practice at a track 100 mile away from me. Oh well it was fun and the 50 ran great. If I can procrastinate 2 more hours I will have been up 24 hours.

Doesn't matter though, I will be on vacation next week at the beach.

I snapped the top end of the doubled threaded bolt. So please hang onto some for me. I'm sure it won't be long before my next order. I will be needing a couple single pull throttle cables.

NIchols, I am using 50:1 Amsoil Dominator

Nichols Atvs
08-04-2007, 06:43 AM
That might be a little low on a fresh rebuild but will work . I have also been told to break in a new top end with regular 2 stroke oil instead of synthetic oil . But whos to say whos right or wrong

sldhd700
08-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Ridin4fun

I just love seeing your posts. You remind me of myself when I was riding 250R s so long ago. I had as many questions as you without internet. I figured some of this stuff out and took alot of advice. Then I started mentoring others. It s cool to see someone else getting there feet wet and getting addicted to two-stroke fever. Wah Hoo have fun!

Shayden Housley #39

hotquads1
08-06-2007, 06:29 AM
I knew you could do it Darrell !! next you will be porting cylinders and splitting cases. I'm sure Z-man has got it broke in good by now , next he will be wanting more power ,get ready .

Marc

riding4fun
08-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Hey thanks everybody.

Seriously, I had no idea the kids and I would get into this so fast. If it wasn't for the awesome people on this site I wouldn't be doing half of what I do.

I hope I can help other people as I have been helped.

Like I said before, when I was looking for quads back in February on a different site , Gary advised me about the DRR's. ( I had been looking hard at the Apex line up) So then I found Marc at hot quads and the rest is history.

Thanks for everything, I will still have many questions.

Darrell

drr5
08-06-2007, 08:04 AM
ahhh yes grasshoper there is much to learn! lol:D