PDA

View Full Version : insurance troubles

Tommy 17
10-25-2002, 03:29 PM
well i am in some big time trouble with insuracne... progressive just found out the 406 is mine and its modded up (race ready)... some how someone told my insurance agent or what ever he is called... he found out i'm a young kid on a race ready high performance sport quad... the quad use to be said was owned by my dad and was bone stock... it use to be 100$ a month now he said he thinks the price are gonna bump it up to around 700$ a year and drop the value to 3600$ the price its worth stock... i have no idea what i'm gonna do now... i dunno if they can even do this????? my mom and dad are tryin to lookin into all state and tryin to get it back the way it was...

who do yinz have for insurance... i have to have it or i can't ride in pa... i can't afford that much a year!

Team Outlaw #34
10-25-2002, 03:42 PM
That sux tommy....good luck with it...........

Tommy 17
10-25-2002, 03:49 PM
i just think its not right how they stereotype me bc of my age:o

MILF_HUNTER
10-25-2002, 03:50 PM
Fight the power!
Stick it to the man:D

Doibugu2
10-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Insurance sucks...

But sure seems a little shady to me. Why would they increase your premiums but drop the value. If they found out it had the mods, it should increase the value. Found out what type of coverage you have...If you crash it, are they going to pay for it, or are you just having them insurance if it gets stolen. But start calling other Ins agents, I sure it can't be $700, that wouldn't be worth it. Besides most car ins isn't that much. If your older.

Tommy 17
10-25-2002, 03:59 PM
the type of coverage is... theft, fire, crash, and something about if i go and rip up ur yard they can sue me and the insurance will pay it or something... i dunno its something like that the state of pa demands u have it...

i'll have to ask my mom here in a bit when she gets home if i have all that info straight about it but i know they are raising me a ton and droppin something with value...

400exBro
10-25-2002, 04:05 PM
good luck tommy!!!

Bro

Pappy
10-25-2002, 04:18 PM
yer gettin hosed tommy......:(

QuadTrix6
10-25-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by 400ex127
yer gettin hosed tommy......:(

ROFLMAO :D i don't have insurance in new york, but i ride in PA, do i need it to ride there ?

Tommy 17
10-25-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix66

ROFLMAO :D i don't have insurance in new york, but i ride in PA, do i need it to ride there ?

yes u need it!!!! u get one of these

Derek
10-25-2002, 04:41 PM
jesus christ same thing here!!!!

Guy400
10-25-2002, 05:13 PM
Tommy, it's not your ownership status or your age. I insure my quad through Progressive as well and I just got bent over. When I had my Raptor through them they told me they base premiums off the CC size and that's why my Raptor cost $411/year versus my friend Scott's $179/year for his Shee. Thinking that because I just dropped down to a 440 that my rates would lower---WRONG!! They drop the bomb on me and tell me that it's going to be $626/year!!!!!!!!! I went through the roof! I used their own CC criteria against them but they now tell me that due to 9/11 insurance rates across the country have gone up and that's the reason why the quad rate is so high (even though my house and car rates have stayed the same). Needless to say, I'm not happy with Progressive and am shopping elsewhere.

10-25-2002, 05:18 PM
insurance, who need that ????

NJ300ex
10-25-2002, 05:40 PM
You don't need to be registered or have insurance to ride in PA if you are from out of State. You do however need to have proof of insurance and registartion in your state. This is only if you get caught though or ride on state trails.

Guy400
10-25-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by EXracer8601
insurance, who need that ???? After having two brand new quads that weren't insured stolen from my garage several years ago I won't own one without it.

EricB
10-25-2002, 06:37 PM
man whats all this talk about 150 dollars a year for insurance? i'm going to do it, but i haven't had my bike for 3.5 months. damn, maybe you guys should go through a local agency or an indepent one. progrsive isn't as good as everyone says. all they're low rates and stuff, i've yet to see them. my parents have never had tickets or anything. they asked progrsive about a quote and it was more than what they pay through a smaller agency. i know on my yota truck i pay like 40 a month for liability and i'm 20 with 2 tickets. i haven't asked about my quad but i would sugest giving a smaller agency a try!

Guy400
10-25-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by EricB
man whats all this talk about 150 dollars a year for insurance? i'm going to do it, but i haven't had my bike for 3.5 months. damn, maybe you guys should go through a local agency or an indepent one. progrsive isn't as good as everyone says. all they're low rates and stuff, i've yet to see them. my parents have never had tickets or anything. they asked progrsive about a quote and it was more than what they pay through a smaller agency. i know on my yota truck i pay like 40 a month for liability and i'm 20 with 2 tickets. i haven't asked about my quad but i would sugest giving a smaller agency a try! I do go through a local agency for all my insurance but they don't handle bikes and quads, it got subbed out to Progressive:mad:

4punksdad
10-25-2002, 07:44 PM
tommy.........if your insurance was 100 per month, and now its 700 per year..........you are getting a discount in my book.

maybe my calender is wrong?

Pappy
10-25-2002, 07:48 PM
haha...i think he was so mad he didnt realize what he typed...lol

or the schools in pennslyvania are arse backwards:huh

Taco
10-25-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by 400ex127
or the schools in pennslyvania are arse backwards:huh
he sure talks like it:D :blah

10-25-2002, 07:52 PM
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, alot of times u can claim stolen quad under home owners depending on what u have...... any ways we have are own property........ and a mx track.......i race etc but i dont have it registered or insured.......its not a all terrain vehicle any more... its a closed course race machine....heck wit them

mrusk
10-25-2002, 08:03 PM
If you are just riding on your own property, mx tracks, or private property dont bother to insure it or register it. Throw that pa license plate in the trash!

matt

10-25-2002, 08:05 PM
in ny u have to have it registered to ride on yer own land....i say screw em....mines not a atv ne more.....its a race machine.....just like a dirtbike

10-25-2002, 08:26 PM
i guess if i ever get anything stolen ill insure it like guy says, but i have big arse padlocks inside my garage doors, plus na alarm system with deadbolts on the other door. i think my ex is safe for onw

CHAUNCY
10-25-2002, 08:46 PM
yea i tihnk he is gettin a discount
500$$ off if my math is right

CBW
10-25-2002, 08:51 PM
in colorado insurance is not required and titles are not given and if yu want to ride on state trails or forest you just pay the 15.25 a year for the stickers that say you paid,,,,,,,,,and its done.

So what do you do when you go to another state and get caught and they want proof of insurance when you come froma state that does not require insurance???

bansheeguy77
10-25-2002, 09:04 PM
i have to have it or i can't ride in pa

really?? :confused: they sent me a license plate about a year ago since then i opened it looked at it and put it back in the envoplope and i dont know where it is now?? if u see a cop run, and i dont ride on private land....the only place id see a cop is on a back road so who cares.....insurance would be nice but eh

Tommy 17
10-25-2002, 09:16 PM
opps sry both of those were supposed to be per year... sry about that... i was in a hurry typing... yes pappy pa schools suck and yes taco i talk like a darn hillbillie yankee...

guy they told me the reasons my rates jumped was due to my age on a quad that wasn't ment for me... i said to the guy i'm over 16 i'm legally allowed to ride any machine on the market... his reply was ur a kid u still are outta control and do stupid things... this guy is a total a-hole... hes my local insurance agent and the only other one is all state... we are gonna talk to them and see what i can do.. mayb i'll just have to drop some of the coverage and just have theft and the right to ride on land...

mike if i tried to ride without a liscense plate i'd have cops after me like crazy... i'm the only person i know in my town that doesn't use one 24-7... personaly i can't keep the dam thing on the quad it keeps brakin the ties i have it held on with...

bansheeguy77
10-25-2002, 09:19 PM
dude do u drive through the center of town and wave to the cops?? how do u see them everytime u ride?? ive only ever seen cops 1ce when riding.....

Tommy 17
10-25-2002, 09:25 PM
yes i see cop just about every time i ride... mostly i don't see them when i ride the little bit of roads i have 2 but i see them when i'm on the railroad tracks and if i don't have it on when i'm on those tracks i just lost my quad, gettin huge fines, and all kinda crap...

bansheeguy77
10-25-2002, 09:28 PM
thats y u run....he wont freakin catch u on the side of railroad tracks and he cant get u if u just hit a trail....quite easy to get away :cool:

CHAUNCY
10-25-2002, 09:29 PM
yea but he will probably somehow get caught and the fines will be bigger

QuadJunkies
10-26-2002, 01:27 AM
We got our quads insured through Farmers,they were cheaper than Geico was, and better coverage.we were paying 267.00 a year for the mini and the 400ex combined 250 deductilbe,now we pay 225.00 full coverage,100.00 deductilbe ,1000.00 for mods replacement,theft,(my home owners covers too,(i checked to make sure)more medical you name it..and sometimes having small kids on the policy will cause it to go up, but not through farmers,it was the same for her which was nice..you should go check them out.good coverage, and the deductilbe is awesome!!!:)

Tommy 17
10-26-2002, 01:08 PM
well i just called them about switchin quads... i was gonna buy tacos 250r but they told me they have a list of quads they can't insure and they are 250r, lt250r, tecate 4, lt500r, 250x and basically ever other h.p quad they stopped makin...

they said something like they are race only machines and u can't trail ride with them at all and all the do is cause trouble!!!!!!

10-26-2002, 01:19 PM
id have em prove u cant ride em off road......cant u sue them for being so stupid no quad out there is race ready cept a c dale id like to see them prove other wise....u could literally race mx with ne quad, just wouldnt be competitive

Taco
10-26-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21
well i just called them about switchin quads... i was gonna buy tacos 250r but they told me they have a list of quads they can't insure and they are 250r, lt250r, tecate 4, lt500r, 250x and basically ever other h.p quad they stopped makin...

they said something like they are race only machines and u can't trail ride with them at all and all the do is cause trouble!!!!!!
WTF? I would be hunting me a new insurance agent.:grr

4HUN
10-26-2002, 06:42 PM
I pay 120 a year. I have my 400 valued at $7000.

I dont know why you all pay so much. I go through Nationwide and Im 21. :(

10-26-2002, 06:46 PM
sounds like tommy just has a Ahole insurance agent, people around here pay from 50-250 a year