PDA

View Full Version : car dollys

Honda TRX250ex
08-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know where to rent a car dolly from?
I know Uhaul has them but on their website a 2007 ford explorer sportrax wont be able to tow it. but a nissan pickup truck can...
Does anyone have a idea how much it would cost to rent one for a day?

250rAL
08-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Ask around. A local used car dealer here rents one. Last time I had it, it was about $70. Might as well have just got a tow truck to do it.

ZSK
08-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Uhaul doesn't allow an Explorer (Sport trac or normal Explorer) tow any of its trailers due to the Firestone ordeal years ago. You could have a Mercury Moutaineer which is the same as an Explorer and it would be fine. You could just say that you have a Ranger.;)

They are only about $40 for a daily rental.

Raptor68
08-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ZSK
Uhaul doesn't allow an Explorer (Sport trac or normal Explorer) tow any of its trailers due to the Firestone ordeal years ago. You could have a Mercury Moutaineer which is the same as an Explorer and it would be fine. You could just say that you have a Ranger.;)

This is true...I was just going to mention it lol

07250ex
08-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ZSK

They are only about $40 for a daily rental.

What was that about i've never heard of it and i just googled it but its not really the info im looking for?

ZSK
08-03-2007, 12:41 PM
My take on it is that, Firestone had some quality issues and in 2000 they issued a recall brought about by some of its tires blowing out at speed. Combined with being on an SUV and people who don't know how to drive caused about 300 deaths via roll-overs. There were warnings issued on over 20 brands of Firestone/Bridgestone tires that were made from about '91 through 2000.

I still think it was caused by inexperienced drivers and the lack of knowledge for a simple road hazzard.

Either way, Uhaul doesn't want any part of it to this day. I think the limit on a Uhaul dolly is only a 4000 LB vehicle.