PDA

View Full Version : jetting help- sorry for the stress guys cant find anything

warriorxcr1
08-01-2007, 07:59 PM
i have a tc shorty, outerwears box cover, and uni dual stage...... current jetting is a 190 main, 50 pilot, and 2 1/2 turns on the screw.

iwhen i had the smaller jets in i was able to rev past half way and have a huge backfire, but now when i hit 6/10ths of the throttle it cuts out. the bottom end is strong but after that i get a decent backfire on decel.

i started with a 172 main and worked my way up thinking that a backfire on decel is to lean for the main jet. the 190 sure did help and i dont get the bog/ backfire as strong as with a smaller jet.

am i too rich?

sorry for another jet thread but im stumped!

08-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Back fire on decell is the pilot jet. You need a bigger one or you need to back out the air/fuel screw.

MR.BIG
08-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Mine did that and I adjusted the air screw and it cleared it right up. Try adjusting that if that doesn't work you will have to change the pilot jet.

d3ktrix
08-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Like said above the pilot is lean.

Try 3 turns out on the A/F screw, if that doesn't help try a 52 pilot.
It will fix both the popping on decel and the cutting out when u stab the throttle.

In the summer I run 180-185MJ with a 52 pilot 3 turns out and the HRC needle middle clip.
I in the winter I bump the MJ up to a 190.

I tried a 55pilot one time,, omg WAY SUPER RICH, killed the bottom half of my power range. lol

With the TC pipe u will probably never totally get rid of the popping, esp decelerating out of 4th and 5th gear.
They just seem to be like that, shouldn't be horrible tho.