PDA

View Full Version : headlight mount

xlr810
08-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Ok. I've got an aluminum plate that came with my billet lights, but it is drilled to fit 7/8" bar clamps. Mine are 1-1/8". Any suggestions how to mount the lights? They are Lazer Star. I'd like to have the lights turn with the handlebars if possible.

Cr85rRida
08-01-2007, 07:07 PM
hey, not to hi-jack your thread but could you send me the link to where you bought these lights for the 250r? thanks.

xlr810
08-01-2007, 07:34 PM
No problem, but I'm not going to be much help.

I got the lights from member on here. I really don't know what brand they are or anything.

86 Quad R
08-02-2007, 08:26 AM
1 of 2 things you could do.

1. long-gate the holes that are in the existing bracket

2. use the current bracket to pattern for another bracket and altering the pattern to fit your bars, keepin the integrity of the current one.

svahle
08-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I don't have a pic, but here is what I did. Rather than mount the bracket on top of the bar clamp, mount it between the bottom of the bar clamp and the top of the stem. You will need to drill out the two holes on the end so that the bolts that hold the bar clamp to the stem will fit. The two holes I am referring to are the ones closest to the bottom of your pic (the ones that would be closest to the rider). You might also need longer bolts given the width of the light mount. This is a nice set up because it lowers the light mount which lowers the lights and keeps them better out of harms way. It will also raise your bars the width of the light mount. This works great and is what I would recommend.

svahle
08-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
hey, not to hi-jack your thread but could you send me the link to where you bought these lights for the 250r? thanks.

I know you can get a billet light kit from Ricky Stator. Its a little different set up but looks and works great. Also, Lazer Star and Trail Tech should make a kit that fits. All three are pretty nice lights and are much better than stock.

xlr810
08-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by svahle
I don't have a pic, but here is what I did. Rather than mount the bracket on top of the bar clamp, mount it between the bottom of the bar clamp and the top of the stem. You will need to drill out the two holes on the end so that the bolts that hold the bar clamp to the stem will fit. The two holes I am referring to are the ones closest to the bottom of your pic (the ones that would be closest to the rider). You might also need longer bolts given the width of the light mount. This is a nice set up because it lowers the light mount which lowers the lights and keeps them better out of harms way. It will also raise your bars the width of the light mount. This works great and is what I would recommend.

Thanks svahle. That seems like the best alternative so far...

svahle
08-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by xlr810
Thanks svahle. That seems like the best alternative so far...

You're welcome. I tried to explain it as best I could without pics. If you run into any trouble (which I doubt you will) let me know and I'll be happy to help any way I can.

svahle
08-02-2007, 02:05 PM
I just thought of another option. You could mount the light bracket using only the rear two holes on the light bracket (the two holes that would be closest to the rider) and the two bolts on the bar clamp furthest from the rider.

Here is a pic I drew quickly on my laptop. My photoshop work is just as nice. :D

Cr85rRida
08-02-2007, 03:11 PM
hey svhale, any websites to theses kits??? thanks.

svahle
08-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Here ya go.

Ricky Stator:
http://www.rickystator.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_30&products_id=287

Lazer Star: http://weekendconcepts.com/honda-suzuki-atv-kits.html

Trail tech: http://trailtech.net/lightclamps.html

Only the Ricky Stator kits specifically mention the 250r. But, I believe that all the 400ex bar clamp light kits will fit a 250r. With regard to the Lazer Star and Trail Tech kits I would call for specific fitment issues. Be sure and pay attention to whether the clamps are for standard or fat bars. I have both a Ricky Stator kit and the Trail tech kit. Both are nice and work well. They are all around $200 (give or take $20) new with all mounting hardware, etc.

Cr85rRida
08-02-2007, 03:45 PM
okay thank you very much i will look into it.