PDA

View Full Version : '95 Civic help

LTR450_#67
08-01-2007, 03:51 PM
I need some help from someone who has a service manual on these things. I am having trouble with my turn signals in the front (the left). Anyways my younger bro and I were trying to get it to blink correctly instead of the fast blink like a bulb is out. At first the marker light would work but when I turned the blinker on it would like blink fast and dull. It would also light up fast and dull if I had the marker lights off too. So my younger bro and I tried something just to see what would happen. we touched the red w/ black tracer wire to the green wire and all of a sudden the blinkers quit working completely. We replaced the relay and still nothing. I can't find a fuse for the turn signals either.... If someone could pitch in some info that would be great.

Thanks
Aaron

Ghost-Rider
08-01-2007, 03:53 PM
You checked the bulbs right?

LTR450_#67
08-01-2007, 04:04 PM
I forgot to mention that, but yes I did check them.

Aaron

Kaleigh
08-01-2007, 04:17 PM
the only time i had something like that happen was when one of the other bulbs failed..

did you check all the lights? .. as for the fuse.. if you cant find it.. just look through all the fuses and see if any are blown out.. the ones you are looking for are the ones under the driver side dash.. and there's another panel under the hood close to the windshield..

ZeroLogic
08-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Well I don't know if this will help but, someone was telling me why a blinker blinks fast if because if they had a trailer hooked up to it is was so it had enough juice for the trailer blinkers too. I don't know if thats right but just what I was told.

zarquon442
08-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Sounds like a bad ground to me.

LTR450_#67
08-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah a bad ground sounds like a good culprit.....but like I said now the blinkers don't work at all along with my clock, the shift lever release (when ya press on the brake). I checked all of the fuses and can't come up with anything. I think I should stop fiddling with it and take it to someone with Honda knowledge, cuz now the SRS light stays on and tach doesn't work......oh boy....I need a manual or a good kick in the ***...lol!

Aaron

TRX450RACER174
08-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Bummer i work at a dealer but i already left work, did you check the underhood fuse box? there are some fuses in there also, please give me the Vin# to the car and i can research it tomorrow. Erik

LTR450_#67
08-01-2007, 06:22 PM
OK I'm a total numbnuts, my younger bro found the fuse that was blown....It was under the dash (not sure which one, but he found it) . My tach works and shift release works now but the SRS is still on (I'm pretty sure that was do to unplugging a plug in the steering (I thought that the blinker switch went bad so I was going to dig into it... Oh well)). AND now my bro just informed me he found the problem and it was a bad ground........ SOO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT!!!!!

Aaron