PDA

View Full Version : How much of a gain with full exhaust?

07ERider
08-01-2007, 03:39 PM
If I were to put a full Rossier or Dasa exhaust on my 07 how much of a gain should I see over the HRC exhaust?

450rJam
08-01-2007, 04:45 PM
thats what im running, 06+hrc+rossier

the rossier feels quicker (everywhere in the power band)
but the biggest difference I noticed is the
throttle response, this thing is so crisp and
snappy.
oh and it sounds soooooooo much better
(hrc runs good but in a close drag race its hard to hear
the motor for shift points)

very good quality/customer service
and its cheaper than your other choice

BlaineKaiser450
08-01-2007, 04:48 PM
I would go with something like 450rJam. A rossier and a HRC kit and you will see a difference

Acid Motorsport
08-01-2007, 04:52 PM
More over rev, thats about it. The HRC exhaust is good but doesn't have a large outlet, and no matter how you cut it, still restricts the flow. A Dasa exhaust will have a bigger core and give you a little more top end power, but not a huge gain ok.

CHEVYZ
08-01-2007, 05:42 PM
I didn't see as much as I thought I would over the HRC exhaust, but there is a noticable difference. Definately more snap to it, but I don't know if it would make much difference in a drag race.

07ERider
08-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Well I talked to Charlie at Rossier this afternoon and I think I am going to go ahead and order tomorrow. Very awesome customer service and very knowledgeable. He seemed very confident I would feel a difference and the price is right. Not that anyone cares but I will post results with my opinions.

Shaun

honda4life72
08-01-2007, 08:13 PM
speaking of rossier , saturday at the track a guy on a yfz had a full rossier exhaust . it started making a weird poping noise and then the head pipe just fell off :huh wasn't the pipes falut , his for not tightening the headbolts but still funny lol i'll try to find the pic

450rJam
08-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I did double nut my head pipe to the jug just for insurance, the hrc head pipe is no punk, aftermarket had a hard time improving on it. the rossier is alot lighter can than stock one.

I talked with a guy named joe at rossier, you may be able to match their cusomer service but your not going to beat it.

the dyno's I researched had the dasa pipe a fraction of a hp higher on the 04/05 450r's and the rossier just a pinch more peek hp on the 06+.
with the hrc+k/n pro design+rossier, you will have a pretty darn fast 450r with some great reliability. (you can port/bump comp/radical cam/etc for more power but in my opinion you start to sacrifice longevity)
get another crush gasket and some high temp copper sealer for the exhaust.(not included with rossier system)

07ERider
08-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Hey 450rJam, where do you use the high temp copper sealer? On the head side or where the head pipe meets the muffler?

450rJam
08-02-2007, 04:43 AM
its a 3 piece exhaust system, you use it on the mid pipe.
comes with instructions that are pretty simple.

you can rotate the mid pipe to get the maximum clearance between the pipe and frame.
you use a dry copper crush gasket at the head.

whiteboycustom
08-02-2007, 12:24 PM
http://www.rossiereng.com/images/dyno/06trx_vs_stock.gif

DYNO of 06/07 rossier

aftermarket cam,filter, and full rossier exhaust u will look at like a 9hp gain or so

jsu101
08-02-2007, 01:24 PM
I was goin to call today and order one but havent had time. The rossier is the pipe to have.