PDA

View Full Version : Rode an 07' 450R

sahlberg
08-01-2007, 02:44 PM
http://www.tuffatv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2591#2591

That's my write up on it. Finally got to ride it and man....its got power.

08-01-2007, 02:46 PM
you are one of the chosen few...i look upon you with envy

sahlberg
08-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm not too sure what you meant by that post but ok.

Guys, I'm not trying to bash the 450R what so ever. Its a great bike, just not a trail riding bike... Its just a racing bike and thats it. Thats what a lot of 450R owners told me also. Again, not trying to bash the 450R and I don't want this to start a big argument....just stating my opinion of the 450R. I may consider getting one....just hated how you needed to keep the RPMs up so high and atleast 1/2 throttle to just start moving from a dead stop in first gear. Just annoying for myself.

08-01-2007, 03:00 PM
after an aftermarket pipe, jetting, and filter, the 06/07 450r is great on trails...it wasn't that bad before even on the tight technical trails i ride...

sahlberg
08-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, also, this is a rental so it had the living sh** beat out of it. It was an 07' and looked pretty bad.

But, I usually ride an 06' 250 Recon so this is also why. I can ride a clutch and all that but just having to keep the RPMs up takes getting used to. I also only rode it for 2 hrs. so I didn't get to completely feel it out.

Of course, I'm going to love it since I'm used to a 250 but the top end wasn't too impressive. I topped it out, 5th gear, throttle pinned and man, wasn't really impressed. What do these things top out at? My recon tops out at 40mph which is like cruising speeds but the 450R just didn't impress me with the top end. But it sure as hell got there fast lol.

08-01-2007, 03:09 PM
they top out at mid 70-low 80s...

like you said, they are race machines and racing is not about running at top speed...there are very few styles of racing that actually have the vehicles running at top speed for the duration of the race...look at an mx course, all kinds of twists and turns, as is an xc course...would top speed be needed on any of them...nope...acceleration and braking is the key...

sahlberg
08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Dang....I was bookin' then lol. I thought maybe 70s....can't believe I was hitting 75mph over whoops. Did not feel like it at all (yes I was in top gear...i did it a few times to check).

And let me tell ya, I love the acceleration. Coming around turns, I just leave it a gear higher than needed because I haven't gotten used to the quickness of getting to the jump. I don't have time to shift up so I leave it in that gear needed and man it still pulls HARD. I loved it.

And I also loved how easy it is to make it through rutted turns. With a 250ex, I always had to go slow so it didn't flip, but with the 450R, it has enough power to slide through the ruts. Now that I think about it, I'd get the 450R if I got a chance. I'd definately start racing with it.

Wish I got some videos of us jumping them....freakin strict Staff Members at the park kicked us out lol.All well.

x rider1291
08-01-2007, 09:25 PM
the 450r will do about 74-75mph stock

y2jay
08-01-2007, 11:07 PM
75 mph in the whoops hahah

IMSROLL450R
08-02-2007, 07:27 AM
I totally disagree with it not being a good trail bike. Thats what I learned to ride it on and NOTHING can keep up with me in the trails. You dont HAVE to keep it wound up you just cant lug like you would a 400.

Flyin-Low
08-02-2007, 07:46 AM
The only reason you think the 450r sucks in trails is because YOU CAN'T RIDE!

Learn to ride a real quad, and then do a write up on how great the R is.

-Martin

IMSROLL450R
08-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low

-Martin

Well put........

spincr4hire
08-02-2007, 10:33 AM

-Martin

yup, that sums it up nicely..:D

chris450R
08-02-2007, 10:53 AM
you may have had it in 5th gear with the throttle wide open but there is now way in hell you ever got to 75 mph on a trail or going through any whoops. in the dirt ,the tires are always spinning some so your un likely to reach top speed that way unless you had a whole mile straight a way to open it up on. but in trails not likely either. now on the road, easy hit top speed in half mile. it will get up to 5th gear quick and pull hard but once at that speed it will take a min to completely reach top speed with all the wind resisitance.

Chris

honda4life72
08-02-2007, 10:53 AM

-Martin :devil: