PDA

View Full Version : 2000 426ex Part Out..cheap

FoxRacing81
08-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Okay, heres the deal.

I have a 426ex in my garage in semi-pieces.
(some parts have been taken off)

I am gonna part it all out. Most of it is there, but really I can't give a condition on everything because it has mainly just been sitting for the past 4 months.

Before I tell you about the motor, I must note that this motor will likely need to be fixed before using...this is not a motor to buy and put right into your frame...it will need work before that can happen. However, it should be a fine motor to use for parts for your 400ex.
The motor is a 426 11:1 compression Ross piston, hot cam, new hotrod H-D crank, new valves, la sleeve, port n polish, gt thunder h-d head studs and I believe thats was all...that's all I remember...it leaks oil from somewhere (I think from the cases), and it makes noise when starting, but it did run fine, and is fresh, but I cannot gurantee the condition of any parts in the motor. So you are buying it as is. Everything should be fine, but like I said, no gurantees, which is why this is selling for much cheaper then most motors on here.

I will sell the motor for $250.00 without shipping...for another $30.00 without shipping, I will put in every other motor part I have lying around.
(I have a spare motor with parts removed...some may be good...I have an extra cylinder head lying around that maybe be damaged might be able to be fixed, and bunch of other little parts like that..)
Again, on these other parts, I don't know exactly what is good and what isn't, and I'm not going to check, but for $40, you can have everything else that I have.

Buyer pays full shipping charges on everything.

Now as the rest of the quad, it is missing the handlebars, a arms, front shocks. Everything else is there for the most part. The front plastic is not in great shape and missing some hardware...I will sell if anyone wants it for just the price of shipping.

The frame has been custom gusseted and painted blue but with some chips...the one bolt on one side of the foot peg mount has broken off, and has been fixed but with a much bigger bolt. There is no cracks that I am aware of, but I cannot gurantee that there are none.
The subframe has been painted black and is in good condition.

Just ask me for a part and I will give you a price and try to give you a condition.
You may make an offer for the entire machine but it would be for pick up only.
I will try to get some pictures in a few days.

procircuit406ex
08-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Aftermarket parts?

Tyler

Chin_Chilla
08-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Pics!!!!!

hskers82
08-01-2007, 05:18 PM
would you sell the head seperate?who did the port/polish on it

the Z Man
08-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Swingarm?

FoxRacing81
08-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Thinking about it, I'm not 100% sure if it was port n polished...it was long ago..I want to say I bought it off of eBay port n polished but I can't recall who did it.

The more I think about it the more I think that's what it was. I bought the head off eBay ported n polished....

I will try to get pics of everything tomorrow...I'll even try tog et a video of it running if I can...

skatrdude20
08-01-2007, 10:22 PM
i need a 2nd gear, and the air boot from the airbox to the carb

FoxRacing81
08-02-2007, 01:29 PM
I went out a few minutes ago and put a battery charger on it...it's turning over slowly but needs to charge for a couple hours...so I will try to get a video later...

AFTERMARKET PARTS
MSR Shifter
21'' Bandit Fronts (50-60% tread left) on ITP .190 Rims
20'' Holeshot XC Rears (50%) on stock rims
not too much...if there is anything else, I will post it...

Update on whats there...the nerfs are junk, so im not even gonna sell...i have stock a arms, but the balljoints are junk so I'm not gonna sell unless someone wants them they are welcome to have them...there is no throttle body...cable is there as is the carb, but the throttle itself is not...

The swingarm pivot bolt is newer...should still be in good shape...

I did a little powdercoating on this quad myself...the cases and the oil tank are PC'd Black...a few little things are blue... and a few other little odds n ends...

As far as the 2nd gear you need...I don't want to tear apart the motor, but I will sell you a semi-parted motor for 30 bucks w/o shipping...the tranny is fully intact and you can use other parts off of it...I'm not sure what's there, but you can have it all...

I will try to get another update as soon as the battery finishes charging..

If you want to talk, you can IM me on xfoxracing81x on AIM.

the Z Man
08-03-2007, 07:58 AM
What condition is the swingarm?

hskers82
08-03-2007, 08:57 AM
I'll take the parts motor for $30 plus shipping.Get me a total shipped to 63109.Do you want to sell that port/polish head seperate?

FoxRacing81
08-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Okay...got it started...fired up very quickly...no weird noises like I thought I remembered...it MIGHT leak oil where the head and cylinder attach, but I don't know if it's a stain from before the motor was rebuilt or not...

The swingarm is in fine shape. No cracks...it has been painted black...the pivot bearings have been replaced and SHOULD be fine but I really don't know...

Sorry for such non-specific details...I really don't remember much about the condition of everything...

I am going to get a video and pictures of it here soon...

I will get the shipped price here shortly.

yfz3x
08-03-2007, 07:09 PM
ill take every thing- just give me a price... thanks

hskers82
08-04-2007, 08:38 PM
did you get the total shipped on the parts motor to 63109 yet

FoxRacing81
08-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Sorry got new digital phone service that has to go through the router and it messed up and I just got my internet back up right now...

I'm gonna try to respond to every through a PM here soon.

FoxRacing81
08-06-2007, 06:36 PM
yfz3x, check your PMs and please get back to me.

08-06-2007, 07:14 PM
do you have the throttle...if so how much shipped to 16317...thanks
speedy

FoxRacing81
08-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
do you have the throttle...if so how much shipped to 16317...thanks
speedy

Nope...sorry it's in use on my YFZ...Yamaha's throttles are way too stiff.

gojk
08-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Do you still have this motor?

08-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
Nope...sorry it's in use on my YFZ...Yamaha's throttles are way too stiff.

so are honda's that is why i am looking for one...

FoxRacing81
08-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Bump...most of everything still for sale at the moment but just ask about it...some stuff is kinda on hold. Sorry for not responding to some of you...I wasn't sure what was going on before.

I would love to get rid of the entire quad. PM me for price. Pick up only though.

FoxRacing81
08-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Bump...most of everything still for sale at the moment but just ask about it...some stuff is kinda on hold. Sorry for not responding to some of you...I wasn't sure what was going on before.

I would love to get rid of the entire quad. PM me for price. Pick up only though.

FoxRacing81
08-09-2007, 06:20 PM
j28d, check your PMs.

billyboy
08-10-2007, 08:22 AM
do you have a title for that frame? How much you want for it. Can you take pictures of that bolt in the foot beg?

billyboy
08-10-2007, 08:23 AM
do you have a title for that frame? How much you want for it. Can you take pictures of that bolt in the foot beg?

billyboy
do you have a title for that frame?

billyboy

FoxRacing81
08-13-2007, 07:35 PM
bump....really want to get rid of the whole thing....good price...PM me for it.

FoxRacing81
08-19-2007, 06:59 PM
quad is gone