PDA

View Full Version : Rock nerf bars?

redlineranger
07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
i was looking at these in the motosport catalog, and i like the pro pegs, or the one with the integrated heelguards or w/e u wanna call them. they look to be the same design as the tusk bars. but anyways i want to sell my nerfs and get some kind of pro pegs and was wondering if anybody has these and could shed some light. thanks

mx1791
07-31-2007, 10:33 PM
ive tryed like 4 different nerfs, and rock was the worst! i sold them shortly after getting them. imo go with something else, although you can judge what you think of them, heres some pics (these are mad old, my a arms are bent now so it looks alot lower LOL)
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/cbasil_2006/awetqweyhad.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/cbasil_2006/aghahsdjhn.jpg

d3ktrix
07-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
ive tryed like 4 different nerfs, and rock was the worst! i sold them shortly after getting them. imo go with something else, although you can judge what you think of them, heres some pics (these are mad old, my a arms are bent now so it looks alot lower LOL)

Ya I was there when he installed them, they really are the cheapest nerf bars I have ever seen.
All the metal is super thin and really weak, even the metal for the pegs is really thin and cheap.

mx1791
07-31-2007, 10:52 PM
dont get me wrong, tusk nerfs may have a cheap price but there good, ive had them on 2 of my quads so far. but you could bend these "rocks" with a dirty look...

gnccguy
08-01-2007, 06:19 PM
dont buy tusk man they r trash i got a set caz they was cheap to throw on 4 a race and bent the crap out of them in 1 race even the flat part by the peg i even cracked and bent both of my pegs because they r so cheap and dont have a cross bar on the front. they might be ok if u dont ride hard but i totally messed em up and my factory pegs caz of them. get good 1s like pro armor if u r going to get a set of nerfs

mx1791
08-01-2007, 08:10 PM
for MX they're ok though, becouse theres nothing to really hit them. i only sold them becouse i wanted propegs

DEVINF450R
08-02-2007, 01:10 AM
mx1791 for MX they're ok though, becouse theres nothing to really hit them. i only sold them becouse i wanted propegs

Are you kidding?? have you ever raced mx? you get your nerfs banged into every time you go through a holeshot! I have a few dents in my AC's from this. I just got a set of Pro Aluminum nerfs for my LT-R and they are the best looking and tightest/sturdiest nerfs I have ever used or seen. I got the ones like Gust and Wimmer use with the net heel guards like the Rath Racing ones, only the heel guards on the Raths are prone to breaking, I can not see how the Pro Aluminum will. I like these nerfs WAY more than my AC pro-pegs...my .02

mx1791
08-02-2007, 01:41 AM
getting hit on holeshot has only put some knicks/dings and scrapes in my nerfs, and ripped the stickers off. no one ive ever known has had a nerf crushed in holeshot (and i hope that never happens to me)

DEVINF450R
08-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I have had my nerfs landed on, banged into, hit rocks with them (yes on a track). they need to be just as sturdy for MX as they do for XC, how many XC guys have people land on their quad, but they have more trees and rocks...bottom line, don't get cheap nerfs...esp ones with pro-pegs..THEY ARE WHAT YOU USE TO STAY ON THE QUAD. they are for safety and should not be cheapo's if you plan on racing much. But I do think the ROCK ones look good, but so do the blingstars and they have been breaking left and right. I have seen in person 2 sets of UM propegs break off when landing a jump, not only did the guy lose control of his quad, he was unable to complete the race.

jerkyboy
08-02-2007, 01:52 PM
that sucks for him, i think rock nerfbars are so sweat i baught a pair last week and i love them!!!!!

exsweetie66
08-13-2007, 10:42 AM
We have blingstar nerfs on my bf's bike and they hold up really nicely. They are expensive but well worth the price. and then i have DG's on mine. they are good nerfs, but i'm so much into the way the look and i need heel gaurds. We'll probably be buying blings for mine too.
Pretty much you might as well shuck out the money for some nice ones because you're going to end up wasting your money buying cheap ones and either 1) breaking them or 2) not liking them then biting the bullet and selling them for way cheaper than what you bought them for. Its all in the way you prefer things.

exsweetie66
08-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Also forgot to add that we've had AC's several times before and have had 0 problems with them....please get heel guards, they may save you from having some serious ankle/ leg injuries. I know there was one time i was riding on the back of my bf's quad at the dunes, and thankfully i was wearing my boots, my foot slipped when we hit a funky spot at the bottom of a dune and went underneath the axle and made the bike come off the ground. Had i not been wearing boots or had he bought some heel guards things would have worked out a lot better.