PDA

View Full Version : quadtech hood repair?!

2strokescreamer
07-31-2007, 01:37 PM
I just bought a quadtech hood for my 250r off ebay, and the damage is worse than what i expected or what was pictured. A peice of plastic was broke off where the grill mounts up. This hinders me from mounting a new grill back on. Is there any way to get it repaired? I got this hood cheap, and would just like to fix it if i could, instead of finding another one any paying a lot more. I saw that feather carbon repaired hoods but they have not responded to my email yet. I have emailed quadtech too, but i was just wondering if its even possible to have the hoods fixed and still look good? Thanks for your responses.

hetrick_racing9
07-31-2007, 01:45 PM
my 450r hood wasnt that bad few of the holes on the sides where the screen mounts was messed up .. get like a mesh screen that u can shape to form somewhat the inside of the hood... ur going to have to drill some holes in the front then have like 4 holes around the corners or the hole throw some bolts in with the nut on the inside and but a big washer on the inside of each bolt and tighten them down... try painting the outside of the bolt black or something so it isnt as visable and try to get the flatter ones with the phillips top on it not the rachet tops...

2strokescreamer
07-31-2007, 03:02 PM
the pictures makes it look better than it is. There is no place to drill a hole, i was thinking maybe they could put new plastic there or something, that may not be possible, i was just wondering.

Mxjunkie
07-31-2007, 07:06 PM
Probaly the best bet would be to get some fiberglass and build it back up and get something to make a new grill or buy another.. You'll probaly end up having to paint the hood but hey that's just an excuse to do something cool with it! :macho :D

2strokescreamer
07-31-2007, 08:35 PM
is there anyway i could paint it to still look like carbon fiber, feather carbon has not emailed me back yet. Im guessing they might not be able to do it since it isnt one of there hoods but idk. Hopefully i will have an email from quadtech by tom.

54warrior
08-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by 2strokescreamer
is there anyway i could paint it to still look like carbon fiber, feather carbon has not emailed me back yet. Im guessing they might not be able to do it since it isnt one of there hoods but idk. Hopefully i will have an email from quadtech by tom.

Doubtful on the painting to look like CF. If your not familiar with fiberglass work, just take it to your local (trusted) auto body shop, and maybe they can patch it up for you and paint it black or whatever color you'd like. Shouldn't cost you too much.

TRX450RACER174
08-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Can you get some closer pics? i do fiberglass work but i need to see the damage close up to give you an idea of how to fix it, or i can fix it for you. Also do you still have the grill? i could make one out of mesh and put it behind the opening.