PDA

View Full Version : Dg Rcm??

Hondamaster5505
07-31-2007, 12:40 PM
The DG RCM's are really good in price, and until i get the curtis sparks, i was thinking about the dg rcm pipe. Does anyone know how it sounds, or th performance it gives? Or do u know where to get dyno charts.

EX LONERIDER
07-31-2007, 11:36 PM
i have a buddy that put onn on recently and he said it woke it up big time on his 350x. it sounds pretty sweet but he also has a 10:1 compression piston in his so it may differ. the DG has the same pipe conical desighn as the sparks so i would imagine its pretty close on how much power it will give you.

DJR300ex
08-01-2007, 01:02 PM
STAY AWAY FROM THE LOW END DG PIPES, they add little to no hp and on some bikes they actually take power away. they are heavier and a whole lot louder than the stocker with an even worse design. theyll rust out on you after a little while. i would rather stick with my stock pipe then get one of those, theyre just a waste of money

CSR400EX
08-01-2007, 05:30 PM
in their exhaust department, DG stands for dollar general:D , IMO

i agree with the last reply, i seen their headers and just inside the header coming from the motor, they have welds that look like they restrict the flow BIG TIME

tar
08-01-2007, 07:58 PM
I will never run another DG! I had one on my 300 and I was just cruising down the road and the mount for the silencer broke off and it fell off.

fastredrider44
08-01-2007, 08:03 PM
You said you were thinking about getting one until you had the money to get a curtis sparks. Just save your money, the DG RCM pipes are a waste. I had a buddy that put one on his 300ex and he had to replace the valves in about two months, and it sounded awful!

honda300EXtreme
08-01-2007, 08:25 PM
i agree the low end dg pipes are junk... you MIGHT see a little bit of additional power on top end,, there pretty loud but thats about it.. there known for rusting,,, like the others said just wait till you have enough for the sparks...

heres a cheaper solution then the rcm cut your stock muffler in half :p ...

xc_racer1
08-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
You said you were thinking about getting one until you had the money to get a curtis sparks. Just save your money, the DG RCM pipes are a waste. I had a buddy that put one on his 300ex and he had to replace the valves in about two months, and it sounded awful!

i agree. once u get ur mind set on something just save the money for it. b/c ull end up regreting it. i was saving up for a full system hmf and i just bought the slip on b/c i could afford it and its been two years and i still have the slip on. just stick to what u want and save for it. plus dg is probably one of the worse brands of parts. IMO. its as cheap as it is for a reason