PDA

View Full Version : Brakes on my truck....

Humrz28
07-31-2007, 05:41 AM
I had my brakes redone a couple of months ago. I got new pads, rotors, and brake lines. About a week after I had the brakes done I noticed they were extremely squeeky in some spots. I took my truck back and they upgraded the pads. They still squeek, but not nearly as bad. The mechanic said the squeeking will eventually stop, there's copper shavings in the brake pads and it takes time for them to smooth out. My question is, is that true? It's been 2 months! LOL. If it is, is there any spray or anything I can put on the pads to make the squeeking stop or lessen? It's getting aggravating, lol. At least I can stop, but this is getting a bit rediculous, lol.

Thanks!

gbcap
07-31-2007, 06:37 AM
what they should do is sand down the surface of the pads and rotors to stop it.

there is a stop sqeak spray you can get at any auto parts store. but that is a temp solution.

Blue250X
07-31-2007, 07:05 AM
If you can take off the rotors and pads and sand them with some sandpaper, the grit isnt real important, just rough them up, but not too fine. That should help.

Humrz28
07-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Ya, when I took my truck back a few weeks ago they sanded them down some more. It helped a little, but there's definately still a spot that was missed, lmao. I can press the brakes lightly or to floor, without a problem. There's just a spot inbetween (which seems to be the perfect braking spot), that squeeks like all hell, lol. Even if that spray is temporary it has to do something, I hope, lol. I'll stop by auto zone after work today, lol. Something has to be better then nothing.