View Full Version : looking for info on building a fast play bike

Honda5
07-31-2007, 05:20 AM
I had a friend drop off a 02 banshee that he wants built to beat all the local kids. I'm looking for a good setup that screams on the top end. It already has a set of toomy t-5's and a vitos hemi head (I don't know the cc but I will get that info today) It will need a crank and 1 new cyl or a pair of ported cyls, I want to stay with cast sleeved cyls because this boy will burn them up for sure.

firefighterjosh
07-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Well rnu the gas/oil 32:1. I suggest vitos piston and a mx/tt port should be a goo set-up.

Main thing is getting it jetted right. You can not just throw the engine together and all is good. It took me a coupe months of playnig and riding to get my jetting perfect.

robjohn74
08-01-2007, 09:03 AM
bigger carbs will help too. i ran 34mm pjs and i also had my reed cages ported and i would go with a 4 or 5 mill crank .

08-01-2007, 04:41 PM
i had mine all done up a never got beat by anyone around town, It would take a big bore to beat my old banshee...It had the usual mods, T5s, v force reeds, cool head with 19CC domes, advanced timing +4, vitos pistons, full port job from speedfreaks (very important) 34mm carbs, K and N filters and it was jetted damn near perfect and ran excellent and still VERY relieable. Never had to rebuild in the 3-4 years it was built up and never had a single flaw with the motor. For a play bike i wouldnt get into big bores and strokers, and dont get the compression too high either, race fuel is crazy expensive

Honda5
08-01-2007, 08:01 PM
I talked to vitos and I think I'm going to get their pistons and the +4 crank and the timing plate and see how that goes to start.
thanks for the info.

djguestone
08-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Visit Everything2stroke.com where you can get good portwork at good prices!

locco350banshee
08-18-2007, 09:47 PM
man banshee head quaters got all the info you will ever need for your shee the website is www.bansheehq.com :eek2: :devil:

robjohn74
08-18-2007, 10:01 PM
http://www.planetsand.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

smlackey
08-20-2007, 12:43 PM
I've got a good set of stock cylinders that are .40 over ported for a 4mm stroke. They were initially ported with a dune/play port. Now they have a full race port. Make good top end power. I was using CPI smallbore inframes and 34mm carbs with them. Bubba297 on planetsand did the final port work on them. I bought some cubs and am going to get rid of these. I also have a noss cool head that I would sell.

machwon
08-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Send it to me for a port job. Porting is really all you need to make that motor run good for a reasonable price. Check out Banshee HQ!

RagunCajun
08-25-2007, 07:09 PM
if were are talking banshee's vs 450 4 strokes. bolt on for bolt on with good drivers the 450's win. you go beyond bolt on's and the banshee starts to shine.

Get a port job w/ supporting mods and you will beat 450's easy in a drag if you can drive good. You already have t5 pipes, that's good. You might want to consider vf3 reeds, k&n pods to help it take air in.

check out http://flotek.everything2stroke.com/

He did my port job and he also lightened my flywheel. It's a night and day difference power wise.