PDA

View Full Version : Nascar, and other race teams...i have a question

firefighterjosh
07-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Anyone know how to get on race teams? As in work for them?

I know of somone I used to go to school with, he went to school and was a tire man/brake man for the 24 hour corvette GT team. Then he went to a busch team and I haven't talked to him since.

Wondered what you have to go threw in order to achive this?

Not saying i am going too, just curious.

firefighterjosh
07-31-2007, 01:07 AM
After some lookingh around NTI looks like a good place to start

cop292
07-31-2007, 05:23 AM
I have a good friend that works for Hendrick. You have to get as many skills as you can get that are valuable to them. They have engineers that push a broom to get their foot in the door. You also have to be willing to sacrifice a lot and work hard. It is not uncommon for people to work 6 months or more on a trial basis to prove themselves WITHOUT PAY. I also know a guy that worked in the DEI engine department, he told me that 80 hour work weeks were "mild" especially during the season. If you are single and can move to North Carolina, do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

firefighterjosh
07-31-2007, 05:58 PM
Moving is no problem. I am just trying to figure out exactly what I want to do someday.

redlineranger
07-31-2007, 10:06 PM
NTI is the place to start... im seriously looking into it myself, and if my folks are still willing to help in 2 years for that far of a move for college, i'll probably be going there.

firefighterjosh
07-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
NTI is the place to start... im seriously looking into it myself, and if my folks are still willing to help in 2 years for that far of a move for college, i'll probably be going there.

they wher suppose to call me today but they never did.

It said price was 25k but I wasnt sure if that was per class/per year or what

tat900
08-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
After some lookingh around NTI looks like a good place to start

A better place to start beforehand is go try to work for a local race team heling out in anyway to learn a few things before . NTI is a good place but you gotta have some experience in race cars before you go in there . I wouldnt plan on goin straight to a cup team more thank likely it will be a usac or hotter cup team and you like everyone else will have to pay your dues . Shop guys for cup teams do not make what you think they do though.

RaptorRacer45
08-01-2007, 04:30 PM
NTI is NOT a strickly Nascar school......maybe 1/5 of the courses are Nascar Related, Its just a UTI paying for the Nascar name.......Its more of an automotive school than anything, I graduated from there on 10/6/2006:D

firefighterjosh
08-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
NTI is NOT a strickly Nascar school......maybe 1/5 of the courses are Nascar Related, Its just a UTI paying for the Nascar name.......Its more of an automotive school than anything, I graduated from there on 10/6/2006:D

How was it? What kind of things did you need to know before going in there? did you find a job afterwards?

redlineranger
08-01-2007, 09:24 PM
hey, got some new news for ya... i remember theresa earnhardt talking about setting up a program at some college up in one of the carolina's, and they were gonna hire there employees, like fab shop, engine shop ect. from that certain college. i really want to pursue something in nascar, and i get my mom to look stuff up on the Net, and she found today that D.E.I is setting that program up at Clemson University, and thats were they were gonna get there people from. i might be going to clemson

http://www.clemson.edu/newsroom/articles/top-stories/DEI_Clemson.php5

firefighterjosh
08-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
hey, got some new news for ya... i remember theresa earnhardt talking about setting up a program at some college up in one of the carolina's, and they were gonna hire there employees, like fab shop, engine shop ect. from that certain college. i really want to pursue something in nascar, and i get my mom to look stuff up on the Net, and she found today that D.E.I is setting that program up at Clemson University, and thats were they were gonna get there people from. i might be going to clemson

http://www.clemson.edu/newsroom/articles/top-stories/DEI_Clemson.php5

thats pretty cool thanks for the info.

I dont nessasary need a role in nascar I just want to do something that I may enjoy for the rest of my life

cop292
08-02-2007, 04:50 AM
You could work for Michael Waltrip Racing....You would have most weekends off!!:D :D :D

firefighterjosh
08-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by cop292
You could work for Michael Waltrip Racing....You would have most weekends off!!:D :D :D

LMAO thats funnier then hell....but true

that has to be nerve racking