PDA

View Full Version : ds450 or ktm 525xc?

is4baja
07-30-2007, 07:18 PM
im sort of confused right now:ermm: because im looking for a new quad and i think im stuck between the can am and the ktm.
the ds sounds great, the ktm looks great but not a whole lot of info has been released on it or videos. Im more of a baja racer, most of my racing is down baja. So id like to hear your thought on these two quads overall.

hasbeenttduner
07-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by is4baja
im sort of confused right now:ermm: because im looking for a new quad and i think im stuck between the can am and the ktm.
the ds sounds great, the ktm looks great but not a whole lot of info has been released on it or videos. Im more of a baja racer, most of my racing is down baja. So id like to hear your thought on these two quads overall.

For you right now I would say the KTM 525XC.

is4baja
07-31-2007, 02:50 PM
hasbeenttduner, why would you say that the ktm is better..have you heard anything about it..i think im going to wait about a month or two and see what the pro racers think of them..but id like to hear everyones point of view to make sure im making the right desicion

Scro
07-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by is4baja
hasbeenttduner, why would you say that the ktm is better..have you heard anything about it..i think im going to wait about a month or two and see what the pro racers think of them..but id like to hear everyones point of view to make sure im making the right desicion

Don't go by what the pro's say. You are better off to take the opinions of A-B class riders. My advice is not to jump to conclusions about what you want before you ride both of them.

Visually, the KTM looks better built to me. I'm not sure how the a-arm design and frame design of the Can-am will hold up; but who knows it may be the strongest design out.

I believe one thing that gets looked over more often than not is the simplicity in keeping maintence up on the machine. For example, the interior front caliper design of the Can-am. What will have to be done to change the front brake pads? Removal of rotor? Spindle? What could be 10 minute job on a conventional setup, turns into a 30 minute hassle due to the manufacturer wanting to centralize a little weight.:rolleyes:

hasbeenttduner
07-31-2007, 03:37 PM
(right now I would say)There is still a lot to learn about them both but the KTM seems to be built with your racing in mind.Chromoly frame,higher g c a-arms,ohlins,tires,etc.The $$ and reviews are yet to come.I am sure it will cost more and people will say you can put that money into something else which is very true.KTM's target is the offroad market and they have a rep of doing it right.Time will tell.Good luck.

hasbeenttduner
08-01-2007, 02:28 PM
There is more factory info out now.I am sure RIDERS will have it up on the front page soon.It's in the ktm section at qz now.

MO-EX-RIDER
08-01-2007, 06:46 PM
the new quad mag did an interview with farr. besides the shocks tires and wheels it also has magura brakes, bars and hydraulic clutch. adjustable axle with tapered bearings. o ring chain, heavy duty skids and castor+camber adjustability on the a arms. adjustable head on the stem to better suit the rider..a quick change air filter that does not require any tools and of course reverse!
sounds sweet. wish i could get one the day they come out!

gncc025
08-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Don't go by what the pro's say. You are better off to take the opinions of A-B class riders.
very true. their sponsor is always the best whether it really is or not lol. cant blame em for doing that though. like the saying goes "support those that support you"

but from what ive read about both, the ktm is my favorite at the time. sounds like a well designed quad to me. i think it will be a popular machine in the years to come.
JMO

is4baja
08-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by hasbeenttduner
There is more factory info out now.I am sure RIDERS will have it up on the front page soon.It's in the ktm section at qz now.

what is qz?:huh

boosh71
08-27-2007, 09:27 PM
KTM