PDA

View Full Version : drifting

drueb15
07-30-2007, 06:48 PM
i heard from a friend that this quad tends to float around alot and won't go in a straight line and it makes u feel like ur going fast than you actually are is there any truth to this?

feature05
07-30-2007, 07:36 PM
When I first bought the quad in March, it had felt like I was going faster than I thought; on the other hand I absolutely don't feel that its getting away from me. In my opinion, it is the best handling quad I have rode so far compared to my others and I really love how the front end is really light, besides the whole thing is very responsive and flickable. I have never had a problem going straight at top speed or riding anywhere on the track.

KAWIRYDER
07-31-2007, 12:00 AM
When I was out riding last time on a dirt road and had her wide open the front end did seem to wonder a bit. It definately doesn't track as well as my kfx400 did. It however is way more responsive
and handles better in tighter trails.

mod440ex
07-31-2007, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by drueb15
i heard from a friend that this quad tends to float around alot and won't go in a straight line and it makes u feel like ur going fast than you actually are is there any truth to this?

sounds like a direct quote out of dirt wheels, i feel like mine tracks straighter than my ex did. i wonder if it makes you feel like you are going faster because of the gearing. i go up things in 3rd and 4th that i used to do in 2nd.

bustedknuckle
08-02-2007, 05:37 PM
check you toe in sounds like it needs adjusted.that will stop it from drifting.

Ride1Rob
08-04-2007, 07:43 AM
It's not the toe in! Like stated before, bc the front end is light when you hit the gas the tires are loosing contact with the ground. This causing the bike to drift to the left or the right and the only way to get it to where you want to go is to let off the gas and get back on it. Once I added the mods to my motor on my YFZ I've run into the same problem. It's mainly 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear for me and only a little in 4th and none in 5th. It's hard to turn left or right when your tires are barely touching the ground (LOL).

mod440ex
08-04-2007, 09:15 AM
i wonder if thats what they were talking about in dirt wheels

mod440ex
08-04-2007, 09:15 AM
add some tractor weights to the front:D

ZSNOW
08-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by mod440ex
add some tractor weights to the front:D

i did that to my brute force so i could do stoppys...:chinese: