PDA

View Full Version : Going to buy an 07 LTR, got a couple ?'s

ROTTY261
07-30-2007, 04:37 PM
I am getting ready to buy an 07 LTR and the dealer is going to include the following.
FMF Slip On
Cherry Bomb
Nerf Bars with Heel guards
K&N filter
Pro Armor Kill switch (tether)
I can get OTD for $7500 so first question would be is this a good deal? Secong where do I look to see if "ThE MOD" has been done and what is "THE MOD"? Third how hard is it to install whatever part fixes the shift pin problem, what is the part called, and what is the shift pin problem?
I also have the oppurtunity to get an 06 LTR with a cherry bomb, FMF slip on and K&N filter for $6700, is there any problems with the 06's I should know about? Sorry about all the questions but this will be my first Suzuki and my first quad with EFI so I want to be sure I not getting in over me head.

I might also be selling my 05 400EX with pro armor nerf bars and kill switch, a LRD slip on, rejetted, K&N filter, and modded airbox. Not sure about the price yet but will entertain any offers.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

LTR450_#67
07-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Either one of these links will take you a company that makes the shift pin relocator bracket.
BCS Performance (http://bcsperformance.com/ltr.html) thats one I got.
Cernics Racing (http://cernicsracing.com/cernicshiftpin.html) they just started making these.
Walsh Race Craft (http://www.walshrc.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17&zenid=8721aa73b94359eeb7177e852e4113da) It doesn't really matter which one you get as long as you get one. Having a manual will help a lot too!

There aren't any problems with either year. "THE MOD" sounds to be like the Cherry bomb mod, unless some ignorant fool thinks that you can do the cam-mod to these LTRs (you CAN'T). The cam-mod can only be done to the Yamaha YFZ450s.
I have an '06 and haven't had any problems with it.....I would try to get the dealer to give you a Full exhaust and foam filter instead of a K&N. The reason I say go with a full exhaust is becuz the LTR's stock can is already like a slip-on (just a heavy one!). I have a Yoshi slip-on and it gave me a lil more response and mid-topend pull, but nothing too noticable. I only got it cuz I got it used, like new and CHEAP! I heard you get a lot more out of a full system. And I just prefer a foam over a K&N....

That '06 must be like new and have very low hr's on it or else it's too much.

Aaron

ROTTY261
07-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the response, just for clarification what is the problem with the shift pins and how hard is it to install the shift pin relocator?

I thought "the mod" I read about dealt with the frame and/or suspension?

The 06 is brand new with no hours, I would be picking it up from a dealer. Is there any differences in the 06 and 07?

mx825
07-30-2007, 08:23 PM
i'm not aware of the '06 and '07 being any different from eachother. there may be a few little things, but no major changes. imo, both of the prices you stated are very high. get a stock leftover '06 for 6k otd and be done with it.

LTR450_#67
07-30-2007, 11:38 PM
The problem with the shift pin is a factory defect kinda. The factory originally has it bolted in to the case, but with enough force like say EX: stepping on the shifter by accident or just plain hard shifting..... it breaks out of the case.

Hmmmm the mod......if it has to do with relating to the frame I wouldn't know about it unless it was EARLY an 06 like mine. The first early batches of LTRs when they came out had an incomplete weld around the linkage mount on the frame. They had a recall on them and had the weld finished or had the frame replaced completely if needed.

I'd go for the '06 with a FULL system cuz the '08s will be out here in about a month or so

Aaron

cybervex
07-31-2007, 08:33 AM
$7500 Is very high and the extras they are giving you are not that expensive.

FMF Slipon - <$300 Just remove the spark arrestor and your good.
Cherry Bomb - <$40
Nerfs w/heel guards - <$300 depending on what you get, I bought pro armor on ebay for $160
K&N - $50
Tether - $30

I paid $6275 OTD for a '07 from Honda East in Toledo, OH (would be another $300 in taxes if I would have changed the OH title to a MI title).

ROTTY261
07-31-2007, 05:36 PM
I have heard that tether kill switches are very hard to install, does anyone know if that is true?

mx825
07-31-2007, 07:52 PM
they're not. takes under 10 minutes.

slomofo
08-01-2007, 03:22 PM
don't waste your time with the FMF slip-on, it looks cool but the horsepower gain is barely there. the FMF 4.1 slip on is like 350 bux, you can get the DASA full system for 435 and it produces the most power of any of the full exhausts.
if you talk to some of the engine builders, they are having trouble with the 07 engine cases, but only when heavily modded internally.
you are probably buying the bike from Nick at Medford Powersports, if so, tell him you want the full Yoshimura or full Dasa exhaust instead of the FMF. I have the FMF and it's weaksauce, it looks cool and is loud but barely makes more power.

ROTTY261
08-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I asm ctually going to pick up an 06 tomorrow up in Roseburg. I get the LTR w/CB, K&N, and FMF slip on installed and Pro Armor nerfs and pro armor kill switch not installed. All of it for $6900 OTD.

mx825
08-01-2007, 08:56 PM
you're paying too much:ermm:

DVXracer
08-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Get an 06, 07's have weak cases, the 07 suzuki team runs 06 cases in there 07 bikes.