PDA

View Full Version : R6 streetbike engine in a banshee???

bansheerider98
07-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I have a banshee, im tired of my engine, ive done everything to it, i just want more power, and just to have fun and not fixing it 24/7. I want to buy somewhere between a 600-1000cc engine from a suziki yamaha or honda engine, which one would actually fit, if possible, the carb placement on most of them would interfeere with my gastank. Any ideas would much be appreciated. Last idea was if anyone was selling a recently built up race engine, ported/polished, bored, diff heads blah blah the works done to it. my engine has seen its days. One too many yesterday...

400exrider707
07-30-2007, 11:00 AM
You cant just put a street bike motor in, you will have to redesign the entire frame... there are so many clearance issues all the way around its not even funny. Are you wanting a carb or EFI setup? You will need to do SERIOUS frame modification/gusseting to hold that motor. None of them are just going to "fit"

I would get a cheeta motor or something for your banshee... theres always more power to be had on those motors.

bansheerider98
08-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Yeah, i realized that i would have to custiomize the frame, my brother owns a mechanics shop, and they make custom cars, so i would be able to get the frame cut up and modified there. But just the thing is, i know you can soop up a banshee mortor alot and have a fast quad, but its way more exspensive (as far as i know) because i have access to a shop like that and do most everything myself and they check it too see if its structurally stable. So unless i can buy a real nice banshee engine for under 1000$, id rather go with a a GSZ-R 750 or 1000 , or R6/R1 engine

xxnightraven73x
08-04-2007, 10:09 AM
now when you say youve done everything to it does that mean youve got the +4mm stroker and bored it? with a nice set of fcr carbs that makes a killer set up i did it to my buddys shee and it was sick stood up in 6th the thing just had stupid power and i think all and all it costed about 1000 to get it like that

450rJam
08-04-2007, 10:18 AM
there are some crazy videos on u tube of a hayabusa powered banshee

totally nuts, it went like 106 up olds hill while making everything
look like trx90's

bansheerider98
08-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by xxnightraven73x
now when you say youve done everything to it does that mean youve got the +4mm stroker and bored it? with a nice set of fcr carbs that makes a killer set up i did it to my buddys shee and it was sick stood up in 6th the thing just had stupid power and i think all and all it costed about 1000 to get it like that

i have the largest fcr carbs for tghe banshee and a +2mm stroker bored out 60, I just want to make a sick sleeper shee with the 600cc engine, so when im at my local pits shredding hills ill just say its a little 90 engine in there to confuse them lol

bansheerider98
08-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
there are some crazy videos on u tube of a hayabusa powered banshee

totally nuts, it went like 106 up olds hill while making everything
look like trx90's

Yeah lol ive seen some, thats why i want to make one.

EX LONERIDER
08-26-2007, 11:58 AM
if yer gonna go with a motor... make it a R6 motor. the 600cc's will make roughly 140 horse i think and will be lighter then a 1000cc motor. on the plus side that would also "keep it yamaha" should that matter to you....

xxnightraven73x
08-26-2007, 12:08 PM
i know that the fuel injected R6 with a pipe and dynoed power commander will make 120hp as for 140hp not without somemore work to it but either way its a 4 cylinder with a killer power to weight ratio as for stuffing it in to be a sleeper yeah no the 4 header pipes and wider engine will give it away also youll have to widen the lower frame tubes to accomodate the oil pan and keep the engine at the degree that it needs to be at like it sits in the bike frame youll never confuse anyone who has half a clue but it can be done with some fabbing skills and time and of course the almighty dollar

bansheerider98
08-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Where i ride no one knows what your riding without stickers..... they all ride utilites and do the ***** hills. And i do realize the fabbing ill have to do, my bro has a custom car shop and they make tube frames roll cages and car frames for rally n such. So i have the stuff i will need.

And yes, YAMAHA FTW :D

xxnightraven73x
08-27-2007, 04:41 PM
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=9492.0 well this might help you out a little its an r1 engine in a raptor frame the thing is sick and twisted id like to do an r6 engine in my rappy but i doubt ill ever get around to doing it

bansheerider98
08-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Ive seen that raptor on youtube, it hauls ***

400exrider707
08-29-2007, 05:35 AM
If you do build something like this, I wouldn't count on being able to use it for anything other than a straight line so you wont be "at your local pits shredding hills" cause it just wont function well for this type of stuff. Maybe large dune areas, but local pits are not going to favor this kind of power. You will need pretty much custom everything. A frame is just the beginning. Try it and let us know how it comes out!:cool:

bansheerider98
08-29-2007, 11:25 AM
this is a huge *** ****ing pit :D

ill post how it comes out when i do it :D