PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my Protect, may be too strong?

kc 300EX
07-31-2001, 04:46 PM
ok, first let me tell you this.......When i got my 300EX I would NOT buy it without the dealer giving me a good skid plate, so he said fine, and he gave me the best, a stainless steel Protect one, the one that is in the Product Review section. Trust me when i say anything less and i would be on my 15th rotor, there is nothing but HUGE rocks all over my property, my protect will take anything I can throw at it.....BUT the problem is that i guess my quad cant, after over a year and a half of ROUGH riding with this skid plate, it shows no signs of damage, but my quad does

On the 300EX there are two bars underneath the swingarm, this is where the skid plate boldts on(not sure if its the same for the 400) Well after a careful inspection of this area, Ive noticed that one of the welds on the bars is broken! This really surprised me, i guess i will have to get it welded up, for now, just avoid the rocks

08-05-2001, 11:34 PM
1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
2. Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.
3. You can discuss the virtues or shortcomings of any products, organizations, or companies in a polite, factual manner without
malice.
4. Have some fun, learn, and enjoy your hobby.

Leo, keep you eye on this IP address.........it might need to be banned.
3punksdad

08-05-2001, 11:38 PM
GoodRider is right i know them both