PDA

View Full Version : Im Pretty Concerned About My Ltr450

tryandcatchme13
07-29-2007, 09:02 PM
so i had to have some work done on my quad because i changed fuels and it started running like crap. i got that straightend out and i had a powercommander on it but i had that taken off and a cherry bomb put on. turned out if was my fuel system, i need a fuel filter and what not. but i was riding it yesterday on the road and i had it almost wide open for maybe four or five seconds, and when i let off the gas it started loosing a little power but only for a minute. then i looked back and there was smoke everywhere. it scared the crap out of me. it quit smoking right then and hasnt done it since but im concerned about it. any ideas???

ZSNOW
07-29-2007, 09:24 PM
it burnt the old crap out of the carb or ur timing skipped alil(engine gurus will prove me wrong on the last on prolly)

tryandcatchme13
07-29-2007, 09:54 PM
i just dont know if it is something that i have to worry about. i mean, i have only had this thing for a month

ZSNOW
07-29-2007, 10:11 PM
maybe a break in issue?

ZSNOW
07-29-2007, 10:12 PM
did u let it idle for a long time before this happened?

400eXr1d3rZ
07-30-2007, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
it burnt the old crap out of the carb or ur timing skipped alil(engine gurus will prove me wrong on the last on prolly)

It's fuel-injected :p

What color was this smoke? If it was Black smoke it was probably carbon or rich jetting...white smoke is water, blue-ish purple smoke is oil burning.

ZSNOW
07-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
It's fuel-injected :p

What color was this smoke? If it was Black smoke it was probably carbon or rich jetting...white smoke is water, blue-ish purple smoke is oil burning.

haha sorry about that, i forgot they were fuel injected. carbon build up maybe?