PDA

View Full Version : guitar info

bansheerider4
07-29-2007, 07:55 PM
well i always was thinking about picking up the guitar but i know ill get frustrated trying to learn...so is there anyone on here who plays the guitar?if so is it hard to learn?

im looking into a acoustic guitar mostly and i was wondering if you guys could tell me so9me brands that are good and cheap like under 250???so no gibson type guitars

N300exJ
07-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Well only advice is that no its not hard to learn but be ready to practice at least 30mins a day. If you cant set aside that much time to practice and learn than forget about it. as with anything else you get what you pay for. 250 dollars will get you something halfway decent but dont expect much. I have a washburn acoustic guitar that i like. I also have a few Ibanez electric guitars with an Ibanez half stack amp. My favorite guitar is my really old Ibanez Phantom(what came before the S model). But than again it was $2500.(which refers back to you get what you pay for)

416exfreak
07-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Dont start with a Squier...

Go with a hollowbody electric...good tone and can be played unplugged and heard decently....

My ibanez artcore serves me well....

PS...resize killed quality....

bansheerider4
07-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Dont start with a Squier...

yea i was planning on either getting a ibanez maritn or a washburn i think it was....

i could set aside enough time to practice..so you think 30mins would be enough say i do it everyday....cuz im not willing to put like a whole day to do it everyday

400eXr1d3rZ
07-30-2007, 07:00 AM
I suggest you start with a bass, it will make it way easier in the future when you get a guitar.

Ruby Soho
07-30-2007, 08:44 AM
guitar wasn't hard for me to learn. basicaly
all i did was learn how to read tabs (www.ultimate-guitar.com) and then learn songs of bands i liked. i started out on easy bands such as blink-182, green day, mxpx, and such. then worked my way into stuff like killswitch engage, pantera etc.. now i jusrt learn what i like pretty much.

a tip, try not to make it a priority to have to be good at it. just kinda have fun with it and learn as you go along. you wont be able to shred right away but learn easy songs and play them. and you'll get better and better

416exfreak
07-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by bansheerider4
yea i was planning on either getting a ibanez maritn or a washburn i think it was....

i could set aside enough time to practice..so you think 30mins would be enough say i do it everyday....cuz im not willing to put like a whole day to do it everyday

I started out at 30 minutes with a second hand acoustic from a pawn shop....

Then i made the mistake of buying a squier, then i went almost imediately and bought myself that artcore...

I think you can pick an artcore up for around 250...

like ruby soho said...just have fun with it...dont make it a priority...

My only other advice is to learn chords...makes it heaps easier to learn songs...:)

Good luck;)