PDA

View Full Version : benefits of 400ex suspension on 300ex

chevyman95
07-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I looked throught the first 3-4 pages and couldn't find anything on the topic other than how to swap.

I have a chance to get a 400ex stock suspension setup for free and was wondering what the benefits are to having it? As far as I can tell it is wider and has more travel and will be better handling.

I am 6'2" 200lbs riding a bored 330ex with a bunch of motor mods and stock suspension. I think this is what I am looking for but I wanted to know exactly what I was getting into. Thanks

honda300EXtreme
07-29-2007, 07:16 PM
i would recomend it, especially since you have a 330 and stock suspension... that is definatly holding you back..

and yes it widens the front end making it more stable and the front 400ex shocks are definatly an improvment,,

trust me its worth it.. and you can beat the price for free,,

just remeber you need the relocator bracket

i know theres a few on here who says its bad because the geometry is off,,, but it cant be any more unsafe then the stock suspension

thats my 0.02

161xchonda
07-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I have 400ex a-arms with 450r shocks and i think it is a huge improvement. Handling is better and i can also hit stuff like braking bumps much harder than i could before. I would not hesitate to make the same improvement again.