PDA

View Full Version : Liquid cool 50

rider1234
07-29-2007, 05:48 PM
How are the new liquid cooled 50's running. Are you seeing any more power out of the crate than the air cooled? Is the stock head a metrakit? if not what kind of head comes on the machine stock?. Any other major changes?

wrhracing
07-29-2007, 06:28 PM
The stock dome config is very similar to the oem air cooled . The outer casting lends itself to a malossi. In the near future I'll see what gaskets fit correctly.

bulldogfallon
07-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Seems faster out of the box to me, but we haven't timed one or run side by side yet....

bulldogfallon
07-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by wrhracing
The stock dome config is very similar to the oem air cooled . The outer casting lends itself to a malossi. In the near future I'll see what gaskets fit correctly.

I believe they pepped them up since the original shipment of liquid cooled 50s arrived in March...

Our new one is much quicker than the previous liquid cooled 50 we had.

bulldogfallon
08-03-2007, 11:25 PM
I think we will have some solid feedback soon....

Hear there may be a few of them running in the NEATV series soon

dblacks
08-06-2007, 10:27 AM
1 ran and he came in 6th. Top end was there but low end seemed off, probably too early to tell as it is probably just brken in after this past weekend

Personally I think the extra weight is an issue but as long as it is a lighter kid it is probably okay.

interesting find thou on DRX rims, center needed to be cut bigger to fit ????

bulldogfallon
08-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Raise the needle 2 spot so the clip is in the bottom slot and it should help with the bottom...

The Sunworld carb has a longer needle than the Mikuni carb that is usually on the 50s...

Ours had a bottom bog until I adjusted the needle..

Yes...The DRR rear wheels need to be cut....This will be fixed by the time the next batch arrives....Nice wheel except for the fit :)

dblacks
08-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Those rims were very nice!!

ecmini1
08-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Those rims do look sweet. I like the rolled edge. They have very little weight savings over stock but look 10x better.

hotquads1
08-13-2007, 10:15 AM
your right ecmini, not light, but as i look at this stack of bent light weight douglas wheels , i am willing to trade weight for strength, these might be the last set of wheels you have to buy and they do look great !marc