PDA

View Full Version : Problems with connecting rod cracking?

400exBro
07-29-2007, 05:44 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has had or heard of the honda connecting rods cracking right down the middle?

Just last week after the IN WPSA, i was cleaning my honda up and decided to take it for a quick lap around my track. After one lap it started making a noise i never heard before. Shut her down and drained the oil, which was filled with aluminum, and the oil filter was also clouged with aluminum, shaving/filings.

This weekend started ripping it apart expecting the problem to be the main bearings on the crankshaft. Instead, first i found that my wrist pin was shattered inside of the piston, which then lead me to find that my connecting rod was crack right down the middle. I assume that the connecting rod was the first thing to let go causing my wrist pin/ and piston to go for a shat.

I have still yet to split the cases but there appears to be no play what so ever in my crankshaft.
Has anyone else had this problem before?

My current setup is a JE 13.1:1 piston, HC Stage 2 cam, porting, tokyo mod ignition, FCR carb, and the hinson clutch setup.

Thanks for the help