PDA

View Full Version : need help

dabram86
07-29-2007, 05:22 PM
took my 450r out yesterday was going along it was running normal and then all of a sudden it just quit on me it wouldnt start wouldnt start finally i got it going again and then it quit another 100 feet I got to where i was going and let it set for a while and i went back and it ran fine for like 5 mins then it shut off i got it started up again got it home let it set then took it out ran fro 10 minutes this time then quit had to tow it back went out came home and it started right up. I know it has gas in i played with the fuel shut off valve i have a HMF slip on i knwo the jetting is right casue ive had the exhaust for a while if i turn the headlight on while kickin it over it lights up. just when your going your on the throttle it acts like it isnt getting any gas or spark maybe somethings in the gas tank or the coil is going bad if ne one has had this problem please give me some sugestions.

86 Quad R
07-30-2007, 09:04 AM
check and see if the gas cap is venting properly. the next time it shuts off. loosen the cap and see if it starts right up.